1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dove shooting deals?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Mar 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have seen and heard of some crazy cheap deals now- anyone follow up on any of these or have an idea what is going on pricing wise? Seems to be all over the board

Gene

2. travisalfrey

travisalfrey Member

Gene, are you meaning trips to places like argentina (sp)??? and the sorts? I have seen some really good trip prices but the airline prices are up right now so it becomes a wash.

It is on my bucket list so I keep a close eye on trips. I don't want to go and blast 1000 shells a day but I have heard from so many that the entire trip is wonderful.

Travis in NC

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

That might be part of what is going on- weak international economies and increased air fares

But there are still the high priced ones- just pricing all over the board for some reason

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

Global Sporting Safari's have some reasonably (all relative) priced trips in Argentina. Did a trip in January 2011 that exceeded all expectations. Actually shot 1,000 shells per day at age 58. Best day was 818 bagged.

6 hunt trip all said and done can be had for $4500.-$5,000. Most expensive part is getting there and shells. We did a 6 hunt trip and had an overnight in Buenos Aires that I would skip next time and add another full day (two hunts) to the trip for the same money.

Definately is the last great high volume hunt in the world and you're doing the farmer's a favor. Amount you want to shoot is up to you, shells run in the $11.75 to $12.50 per box range so it is a price driver.

If anyone else has seen better prices, I'd be thrilled to hear about them as I'd like to go one more time!

Eddie Quire

5. Firewater

Firewater Member

Ask Boomer. He knows. Mike

6. bossbasl

bossbasl Active Member

If you do due diligence you can find some great deals for 3 day hunts (Argentina) that include a generous allowance of "free" shells. If anyone has an interest I can arrange great pricing for air fare via "buddy pass". Lyle

7. boomer

boomer TS Supporters TS Supporters

Leaving June 2nd for my 2013 trip. When all is said and done--a four day dove shoot--3 full and 2 half days--runs about 6K when you factor in EVERYTHING. Shells, tips, airfare, miscellaneous expenses etc. Round trip air from Miami or Dallas is about $1200 or so. Airfare from where you live has to be added. You have to get to Miami etc.. Gun rental or gun permits, trip insurance, fuel surcharge have to be considered. Hunting licenses and now Argentina charges a $160 dollar landing fee at all airports. This is a one time fee good for ten years. Is it worth it? ABSOLUTELY!! I've been going to Argentina and Uruguay for 10 years now and it is worth every penny. Skip that Starbucks coffee and toss the money on a jar. Doves are only one option. The duck, Perdiz, and pigeon shooting are wonderful and can be added in reasonably. The Estancia's you will stay in are very nice and the food is first class. If anyone wants or needs any further info, I'd be happy to oblige.....

8. jbailey

jbailey Active Member

http://www.siersafaris.com.ar/images/infodove/infodove.html

Copy and paste this site to your address bar. I've hunted with him twice in the last few years and he puts up a real good package of shooting, food, and fun. I would recommend a semi-auto otherwise your shoulder will be worn out as I've never seen any light loads in their inventory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.