1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dove Season

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 22hornet, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

September 1 is almost here. Are my fellow dove huntres ready?

2. 1oz

1oz Member

With the beans being high now no more ground hog hunting yes I'm ready first time we have burnt wheat but still have sunflowers for backup. Should be another great year by the little scouting i have done.Taking a kid opening day sure i'll be supervising him instead of hunting myself.Looking forward to opening the world of Dove shooting to a new young man. I just hope he doesnt lose interest if he isn't able to hit the birds . I think I'm as excited about taking as he is going . Dove hunting -shooting brings back alot of memories.

3. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

I can't wait! I get all excited every year waiting for dove season, it's the first time of the year that we can legally shoot at any wild game.
    Then comes the cookout with them little babies wrapped in bacon on the grill!
    Yummy.
    Rooferbob

4. hunter870

hunter870 Member

Ours doesn't start til October 8th - we've got an early teal hunt in between now and then. But yes, the excitement is building...

5. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I'm ready. Ours open 5 Sep through 20 Sep. The bad thing is that bow season opens on the 13th of Sep. I will dove hunt every day that I can find a hunt as it's my first love of hunting but on off days I will be sitting there with my bow. Jackie B.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

9/1 - Yeah Baby!

Jay

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

I have to drive to an adjoining state to hunt doves, but I do. I live in the "progressive" state of Iowa where you can marry some one of your own gender, kill your unborn child, but not a dove or a convicted serial killer or child rapist.

8. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Got a few... birds weren't moving much and we also didn't hear much... 70 degrees 1 hour southwest of Chicago.

Nice Mojo!

Plenty more season to make up for it...

regards all,

Jay

9. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

It opened 9/1/09 here in Idaho. Woke up at 8 am shot my limit and was down to the coffee shop by 930. All done in the confines of my own back yard. It doesn't get any better than that.

10. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

Plenty of doves around in Nebraska. I was shooting on public land and pretty much all who were in the sunflower field with me limited out by 8:00 am.

Then there was this guy with his fat a## kid, both kept shooting and killing doves but were not retrieving them - not even making an effort to pick them up. Some of the dead birds fell past the boundary of the field where thick & tall vegetation prevented anyone except a dog to retrieve. They still kept shooting in that direction knowing fully well the chance of retrieving anything from that area was minimal.

After limiting out I kept watching them for a good 1/2 hour but was not sure what to do and eventually left disgusted with them. I hope they picked up when they got done. What would you have done in this situation?

11. dshot

dshot Member

Yes Sept 5 at noon, fields cut and birds flying, can't wait.

12. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

After hunting Dove in Uruguay huning Dove in the U.S. is anti-climatic....

Ronbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.