1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dove Season. Our Pup (at heart) having fun.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by recurvyarcher, Sep 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

So, he's not really a pup, but he still acts like it most of the time.

[​IMG]

He can never resist his pond. Even when there isn't a dropped bird in it...LOL!!!

[​IMG]

Counting his catch.

[​IMG]

Tired puppy on the ride home.

[​IMG]

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

We have a pond too, and ours has a bird in it.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/wireguy/?action=view&current=localcolor1008Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. recurvyarcher

I know what's on both their minds. LOL!!!

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

recurvyarcher- I liked the photo of your tired pup riding home in the front seat as you drove home after a hunt. But, where did Martin get to sit?

Pat Ireland

5. 22hornet

22hornet Well-Known Member

I don't trust people that don't like bird dogs. He's a handsome boy!

6. recurvyarcher

Pat, Martin is driving. In huntin' season, I'm relegated to wherever there is a free spot in the truck. After all, I'm only the photographer, Martin and Herco are WERKIN'!

Hornet, like most Handsome Dogs, Herco knows how to play on one's emotions. He's pretty spoiled and gets what he wants from most people. Not me, though...I'm the mean momma. Uncle Jess is his source for Fig Newtons, Herco's favorite.

My favorite thing is to watch him hunt. He's really magnificent...there is no other word for it. He's also mischievious, and gives us lots of reasons to laugh.

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Does he like finding woodcock and grouse? He obviously would help in a duck blind. The best time of the year is almost here, crisp Fall days, apples fresh off the tree, and enjoying fine friends. Have a great time and enjoy it while we can. Bob

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Bob, our grouse are prarie birds (ie prarie chcikens). We primarily hunt them over feed fields and just like doves, he'll help watch the sky for you. SO no, the deep woods variety he has not.

We have small flights of woodcock but know neither he nor I have ever had the chance to hunt them.

9. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Love the pic of the dog resting his head on the dash, like that was fun, but I am just plain tuckered out...take me home.

Deb

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Here's a pic of two tired hunters returning from the field. One is a asleep and the other is struggling not to end up that way.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/wireguy/?action=view&current=dovehunting06025Medium.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.