1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dove hunting companion, new and old.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 338reddog, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 338reddog

338reddog Member

I got to take my wife on her first ever hunt this evening. I would say it was a succesful hunt even though the birds were few and she didnt even fire a shot. She enjoyed the adventure regardless of the outcome,this is what I look for in a hunting partner.Guess thats why I married her 23 years ago.

The old companion was my Browning 525 20ga. As I cleaned the gun this evening I told my wife this is my favorite shotgun. With a safe full of guns I've never picked a favorite or even thought I had one. But the first time I shot this gun I broke 25 on the skeet field. Three roosters fell the first I hunted with it and tonight two doves with three shots.

I might not have tons of cash but tonight I feel rich. If you have a favorite companion person or gun please list it below.

Sorry for the long wind.
    Jeff

2. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

Wealth is more than what is in your bank account...

Here is my bride of 17 years last year in Argentina with her bird boy, Fabio. It was her first ever hunting experience. Way to spoil a girl...she killed 683 birds in 2 days. She's coming out with me this evening for her first ever Arizona hunt.

[​IMG]

This is my 5 year old Dove Ninja. Here he is yesterday before we went out on his first ever bird hunting trip. He had a riot, was fascinated by the biology, helped me retrieve birds, and helped clean them when we got home. He took great pride in feeding their hearts to the puppies one by one until they were gone. Tonight I may let him take a shot if we can get one to land on the edge of the waterhole.

[​IMG]

These two knuckleheads are Dixie and Daisy. They are 5 months old and will have their first hunt tonight as well.

[​IMG]

This is Baby, Taker of Souls. She has a body count that would make Pol Pot envious. She is a 28 ga. Beretta 687 EL Gold Pigeon II Sporting with 30" tubes and Briley chokes. Gun was purchased by the highly recommended Kurt Grates at Great Lakes Sporting Arms. Red pad by my good friend Joey B. AKA Tron. When she speaks, something dies.

[​IMG]

And now for the old...this was my first child; Lakota Sue. She was a most excellent hunting dog and not a day goes by that I don't think of her. I miss you, Kota.

[​IMG]

This is a great idea for a thread. Post 'em up guys...

3. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Yep, I've got a companion. She won't kill an animal or point birds but has helped me drag out, skin and clean every deer I've shot for the last 20 years. Will clean birds, squirrels, fish and can cook them like few other award winning cooks (she is an award winning cook). Gets most jobs done before I can get to them whether they are mens or womens duties. A better mechanic than me. 10 years younger and alot better looking than me. Had never shot a gun in her life until 1997. Next year she made the MO ladies state trap team. Tied for the MO State Handicap runner-up championship and won ladies HOA. Won MO Eastern Zone Hdcp in shootoff with men. Multiple out of state championships next few years. Works full time and keeps a spotless house. Loves animals. Now if she would have just come with a boat and motor...she'd be perfect...:) (just kidding...she is perfect and the best companion I could ever dream of).

OBTW, a great kisser too!!! (Her...not me)

milt
    [​IMG]

4. 338reddog

338reddog Member

Those are some nice companions guys, I think I will take mine out again this evening, this time I will take some pics.

5. 338reddog

338reddog Member

Ok we went again tonight. A bird comes in she fights with the safty and just shoots from the hip. One of the funniest sights I ever saw,no she didnt hit the bird. We bothed loved evey minute.

Jeff

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I hunted the past two days with current and old friends as well. We shot whitewings near Pearsall, Tx. Most of my buddies are my regular hunting friends, but I think someone else was there as well. A few years ago, I became friends with the late Mike Greenblatt. After he found out that I, like he, was fond of Model 50 Winchesters, he gave me a Featherweight model from his collection. I killed my limit each of the past two days with that gun. I'm sure Mike was watching every time another dove folded up in front of that ole 50. Rest in peace, Mike.

Ken Rucker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.