1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dove hunt Argenntina?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by halfmile, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Miles & Miles is the best. If you can shoot a thousand in a day you get your name on an engraved board.

Don't bother bringing a gun. Use their 20 ga. Benellis.

HM

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sorry, here is their site. Mash the link.

Needless to say, bring your credit card. I have not gone myself, but glowing reports from 5 members at my club make this the top of my wish list.

HM

3. Argentina

Argentina TS Member

Dave,

You will have a great time in Argentina when you go. The only problem is that it is a trip that you will want to go on every year for the rest of your life. It is definitely a trip that you must experience for yourself in order to believe the amount of Doves that you will see and shoot at during the course of a single day.

I am a Trap Shooter 99-03733 and my company takes hunters to Argentina for Doves, Ducks, Geese, Pigeons and perdiz. We can accomodate from 1 to 12 hunters. Many fellow trap shooters have gone with us.

Please view our web site ( www.ArgentinaDucksandDoves.com ) for details on our trips. All of our trips include round-trip airfare from Miami, hunting license and gun permit. There are no "surprise" expenses on our trips.

call me at 334-855-9474, if you would like more information.

Thanks,

Juston Trimback

Argentina Ducks and Doves LLC

4. johnpe

johnpe Member

I made the dove hunt in Cordoba in October about 4 years ago which was probably past the peak, but what can you say when there was never 10 seconds without a shootable bird - or 100 shootable birds. The package included the first 2500 shells. They said that April to July was probably the peak. This past June three of us went to a place near Bahia Blanco for geese (primarily) and ducks. The shell allowance was 500. We didn't quite shoot all of our shells at waterfowl, but exceeded the allowance for doves. I used Luis Sier for both trips and cannot say enough good things for his operation. I took two guns both times. For dove hunt I took a 28 ga. Rem, 11-48 and a Rem. 1100LT 20 gauge. For the goose hunt, I took the 20 gauge as a backup and a Winchester SX-1 for my main gun. All worked well.

Johnpe

5. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

If you want a really great hunt at a reasonable price I would recommend Condor Outfitters. This company specializes in Uruguay, hunting Perdiz and Doves. This trip is very relaxed I shot 68 boxes of shells last year. Col Steve's staff is the best, the food is out of this world and the shooting is top notch. This trip is not about QUANTITY of game but the QAULITY of the experience.

Semper Fi

Ronbo

6. BAP

BAP TS Member

Go with Justin, I have been twice and plan a 3rd trip soon. It just gets better and better. There were endless doves and the food and lodging were excellent. I cant say enough about the trip or Justin, Bill Parson Jr.

7. Minot

Minot TS Member

Went to Argentina and shot doves near Cordoba the last week in January.
    Used SierSafaris.com and have only praise for their operation. Package included 2500 rounds , lodge was very good, had good food and bird boys were
    very helpful and pleasant. My friend and I took our own guns and had no problems with customs in Argentina or US. 20 ga is most adequate and the local shells worked great.

In 8 shooting sessions we only had to relocate once due to a lack of birds.

Go for it!
    Minot

8. edbon9

edbon9 Member

hmm.. Hugo Chaves is the president of Venezuela which is to the
    NORTH of Argentina, the hunting in Venezuela is not that good
    compared to Argentina :)

9. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Skip,

Did you flunk geography? Chavez is Venezuela, not Argentina - opposite ends of the continent.

For those of us complaining about the cost of shells and components, I noticed in the ArgentinaDucksandDoves website that the first 500 shells are included, but after that it is US $10 per box of 25 shells. They mention shooting 1000 or more per day, i.e. $400 or more per day for shells. I imagine that gets pretty pricey pretty fast.

10. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I think Skip was confused by Hugo recently running his mouth while he was actually in Argentina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

juston trimback hunting

luis sier dove hunting