1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dove and guns

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by skeet100, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet100

skeet100 Member

So it's Dove season down south... Six of us shot a smaller area on Saturday pm. Thought I would post my thoughts and observations. We had one new shooter with a Mossberg pump, an 1187, 2 old fixed choke 1100's and 2 old 870's with fixed chokes. I have done this many times and it’s always neat to hear the shell "theory" and see what guns are used. I also love to hear the tales of old times and the shooters who were better than we are today :) I don’t go as much as I would like but I do go every chance I get... I am not part of the elite high dollar shoots with drinks catered and birds cleaned for us. I am of the old farming school. We meet around an old house or tree, talk about things like weather, crops and politics. We decide who goes where and light out walking. All the trucks are dirty, we don’t have matching camo clothes or camo guns or even UTV's. It’s just a simple way like it has been done for generations with little attention accept for the participants. I am very thankful for my up bringing and the family and friends I have got to share a field with over the years.

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I wish I was there to share it with you. Everything you mentioned is dear to my heart.

3. morgaj1

morgaj1 Member

Thank you for posting this. You guys hunt just like we do, no frills. Some of our guys don't even wear camo, just jeans and a brown shirt. I'm surprised there wasn't an A5 or Model 11 there.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I will be going Dove hunting this week with my son and grandson, this will be the first time for grandson. And his new gun.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.