1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doug Gustafson - Grand Slam at CA State

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by whiz white, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I've been following the CA State Shoot results and noticed Doug Gustafson broke some terrific scores, like 400x400 in singles (100x100, 100x100, 200x200).

I learned today that Doug needed a 200 in singles to complete his Grand Slam and did so.

What a terrific accomplished for a genuinely terrific guy!

Now if I could just shoot half a good as him...

Whiz ;-)

2. zookie

zookie TS Member

Great shooting Doug. You may be the only one with a perfect singles score for the week. If their are more I missed their scores.

Mike

3. Elizabeth Christensen

Elizabeth Christensen Member

Great job Doug!!! Hope to see you at the Grand. Liz

4. Burnpwdr

Burnpwdr TS Member

Thanks Whiz. Hope to see you at Spearfish.

Thanks Mike. I didn't get the 400 during State, but got the 2 prelims and the Class event. Thanks also for the Super-Gooey.

Thanks Liz. Looking forward to seeing you at the Grand.

It was one heck of a memorable State Shoot, with Vince Compolongo blowing up 100 handicap targets to complete his Slam the day before me. Congrats to a great guy, good friend, and excellent shooter.

It was also special to witness another great friend and regular squadmate being inducted to the CA Hall of Fame. Congrats to B.J. Moore who got me into registered trapshooting 20 years ago.

Doug G.

5. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

Nice job Doug! Them singles are tough huh! That was my last leg for the slam also. LOL. See ya at the next shoot buddy! Jerry

6. edbon9

edbon9 Member

Congrats to doug on a great week and a superb accomplishment that most of us mere mortals only dream about. he's a machine i tell ya :)
    parr-man thanks for the lessons on lying :) and congrats on your state handicap
    championship, i bet the flight was easier after that.

edgar

7. DeVille

DeVille Member

Doug-Congratulation on your slam. Could not happen to a nicer guy. I guess it is that gang that you hang with.
    Jerry- Congratulations to you also on the State Handicap win. Is it that good Utah air you and Sean are breathing? Look forward to seeing ALL of you at Sparta. Dex

8. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

great job doug, what a shooter i must say.

gregg asbury----las vegas

9. Burnpwdr

Burnpwdr TS Member

Gregg Asbury???!!!

WOW! Talk about a voice from the past. We all thought the desert had swallowed you up!

Are you still driving white corvettes and jockeying sky-cranes around? Do you ever get this far north? Sure like to see you at Sunnyvale again.

Good to hear from you and thank you for the kind words. Hope all is well with you and yours.

Doug G.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.