1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doug Braker - Perazzi Adj. Rib Repair EXCELLENT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pullbangloss, Jun 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

The whole story begins around a month ago when a piece of my rib broke off. I have an MX-10 top single and the bottom support, under the adjustable notch, broke clean off! Don't know how, don't know why. After investigating the rib I realized the front bottom support is broken as well! With my state shoot a month away I was in a heap load of trouble.

I put a thread on here looking for advice. I then called the normal Perazzi experts and they all said I need a new rib. No problem. 8-12 week turn around; PROBLEM. Then MIA recommended I send the rib to Doug Braker and I'm glad I did.

Doug milled off a section of the rib and inserted a new piece. The piece was attached with screws and fits like a glove.

I got the gun back yesterday and it looked great! Tonight I shot 100 rounds thru the gun with no issues.

Big thanks to Doug Braker for the excellent work. Also a big thank you to MIA for his advice and recommendation.

Here are the results of the work.

Regards,

Matt Ski

pullbangloss_2008_0303224.jpg

pullbangloss_2008_0303225.jpg

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

wow! NOw you know why I talkabout Doug and Phillip and had a really great convo with Jim Coons this week. These guys not only do great stuff, but are friends to all us shooters.

Thanks PBL

jack

3. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

He tightened up my TM1. Promised the work would be done in 3 weeks & it was.
    A good job also. Thank you,Doug.

4. BROWNST100

BROWNST100 Member

A very pleasant person to talk to and does great work. The shooting industry could use more people like Doug.

Vern

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Grab the gun by the barrel will adj. rib is how the problem started. If you must, grab at mid point where the hinge is.

Doug Braker is always good to go to.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

This Gunsmith always gets great reviews. If I was going to send my gun away for repairs, he would be the guy.

7. JoeE1

JoeE1 TS Member

Sounds great. I'm anxiously awaiting my gun from Doug. Maybe today? I sent mine in on May 24, and he said 2 to 3 weeks, but mine is for a complete overhall. He's apparently very busy.

Joe

8. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Doug is a TRUE.. all around master gunsmith.. My hat is off to him.. Everything he does.. he does well... While many work on mainly 1 model..or a few..and are good.. Doug works on them all.. Keep up the GREAT work Doug.. I'm glad to have you as my friend.. Mike..

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike (and others above)

Mike..I do have a Perazzi question for you....

What does Giacomo or Dan do when they have a problem removing an ejector stop from an MX-8?

I had a bugger of a time with one yesterday but finally got it. It appeared as if the side of the mono-block had been peen a little around the hole. The disc was free and I could rotate it, but couln't full it free.

Doug

10. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Doug, prolly some shade tree smuffy peened it to make it stay put?

Hap

11. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

12. JoeE1

JoeE1 TS Member

I'm hoping mine shows up tomorrow (tuesday) as it will be six (6) weeks since I sent it out.

Joe

13. JoeE1

JoeE1 TS Member

Well it looks like I'm still going to wait on my gun. Delivery to me expected on 7/11/2011. Seven weeks now!

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.