1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doug Braker (GunDr) on Vacation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GunDr, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Guys and Gals,

I'll be leaving for vacation Sept 4th. It's actually my new bride's and mine postponed honeymoon from last Nov's wedding. I'll be back in the shop Sept. 13th.

We're going to the Oregon coast, N. Cal's redwoods, Glacier Nat'l Park(MT) and Yellowstone. A lot of things in 9 days.

Doug Braker

PS- Can someone give this a bump every couple of days? Thanks!

2. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Doug,

I hope you and the Mrs's have a great time on your vacation!

ec90t

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

TTT Have fun Doug

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Hey Doug,
    If you come thru Great Falls and wanna shoot some trap.....give me a call

Rickyd

ric3677atbresnandotnet

5. dhg

dhg TS Member

TTT

6. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Hi Doug, if you come down the coast towards FT. Bragg and come inland I'm in Lakeport on the shores of Clear Lake probably the best Bass Lake in the country. We have a trap range here and shoot sundays so give me a call at 707-263-7843.
    Dan Stahlman

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Up for Doug!

ec90t

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

hut!!!!

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

10. dhg

dhg TS Member

ttt

11. dhg

dhg TS Member

ttt

12. dhg

dhg TS Member

TTT

13. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

UP for Doug

14. dhg

dhg TS Member

Up please

15. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Up for the Gun Doctor. Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

16. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I'm back.

Had a wonderful trip to the Oregon coast. Visited the Redwoods of CA, Yellowstone and finished up in Deadwood, SD.

Doug

17. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

How is Deadwood?

18. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

My wife and I really like Deadwood, along with the whole Black hills.

If your on a budget and still like to gamble a little, the machine seems to keep you pretty even. The town still has some of the old western charm, not a lot of lights and glitz that you would see in Vegas.

I've been there during the week and also on a weekend. Weekends get quite busy during the evenings. There's a lot of live music then. This last week there were a few tour buses and a lot of retirees.

My wife wirnessed a shooting just north of town the last day we were there. Nothing criminal....a car had hit a deer in front of our motel while she was out walking the dog. The city cop was called and he had to finish the deer off. About 5 minutes later a fella showed up and field dressed it and took it home.

One more thing about the trip. I think the dirtiest place we visited was Cresent City, CA. There was trash everywhere, and the hotel that stated "ocean view", was filthy, and the view was of a dirty RV park. The whole town was a dump.

Besides all that, I got two traffic tickets 3 hours apart. I guess my MN truck had a sign on the back that sayed "SUCKER". One ticket was for..not having my seat belt on. I left the hotel parking lot, crossed the highway to a resrurant to eat breakfast. The "CHiP" sayed because I entered onto the highway, that was why he ticketed me (?????).

The other was for driving too slow on the Redwood Highway. Three previous times while on the highway, I pulled over to let vehicles pass. This last time, no one was behind me. The CHiP was sitting along the road when I passed him. There was no one behind me. The officer pulled out and caught up with me and followed approx one mile, then pulled me over. He said I did not use the only pull-out we passed, to allow him to go by. I guess patience is not a virtue of the CA Highway Patrol. This has now REALLY soured me on CA.

Doug

19. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Doug....

While you were visiting the Redwoods, what did you think of Eureka, CA? I live in Eureka, which is just about an hours drive south of Crescent City. I have to agree with your description of Crescent City. It can be a very depressing city. Years ago, when it was a thriving fishing town, it was a great place to visit. Very clean, friendly, and just plain fun. Now, however, their only claim to fame is it is home to Pelican Bay State Prison. It is one of the highest security prisons in the nation, housing some very bad guys. It, unfortunately, also attracts many of the families of these prisoners who are sometimes, less than desireable themselves. It is now a town partially mired in poverty, drug problems, welfare folks, and assorted other problems. There are still, however, a lot of very decent folks there that have their roots deeply inbedded in the town and its culture. You just have to know where to look. One of the nicest, and cleanest trap clubs on the north coast is located just north of Crescent City about 10 miles, in a town called Smith River. It sits almost directly on Rowdy Creek, and is a great place to shoot registered targets...... Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.