1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles with an 1100

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Colonel Reb, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

If you use a shellcatcher on an 1100, wouldn't you have to remove it to shoot doubles? Is it understood that auto shooters will have hulls flying when shooting doubles? I have not shot doubles yet nor do I have a shellcatcher. I use an 870 for singles but thought I might use the 1100 trap for doubles.

2. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

I think it is understood but I alway ask the shooter next to me if they care about an occasional hull intrusion. Most 1100's have the deflector stub in the receiver direct the empties to the ground but an ocassional flier will hit the shooter next to you. Best to be polite and make sure.

Mike

3. gary0920

gary0920 Member

The shell catcher does have to be removed to get off the second shot. Most 1100 trap models throw the hulls forward and down not at the adjacent post.

4. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

Yes you have to take the shell catcher off to shoot doubles. If the 1100 is a trap gun you shoule have no problem with flying hulls. If not you can have a hull deflector installed on you gun. This will send the hull down and about 2 feet from you. I have never had any problem with my 1100 TC.

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

It could be considered an advantage if you take the post with the best shooter in the impact area of your hulls.

6. dennis (nj)

dennis (nj) Guest

I`ve only shot 1 round of doubles with my 1100 when I got a release trigger in it . I`d rather use a break-open gun for doubles since I usually save my empties and at our club we have to pick our own hulls up so that just makes more work . I have a wire catcher on mine that I can just un-hook and drop down when I want to disable it . As far as chucking them at the shooter next to you , it may be wise to shoot on a short squad and leave a space between you and the next guy or inform the next shooter that your shooting an auto so he can protect his gun if yours kicks them toward him . Personally , I hate to shoot to the right of one but it`s only a game . No need for someone not to get a catcher when shooting 16 yd.

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

#1....make sure it has a deflector

#2...make sure it's clean and funtioning so that it doesn't jam and interupt the squad like the a-hole on my squad who had 3 1100's and none of them worked well enough to finish a round!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.