1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles target setting?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Hi gang... I'm now in charge of setting the trap and skeet fields at Multilakes. I have a question that I have not been able to find the answer on the net. I know that Birmingham sets their targets at 9 feet for singles but I have no idea if I need to raise the bar for doubles. Sunday was a bit breezy so I brought up the birds on the doubles house about a foot or so because the wind was driving them into the ground before we could shoot them. My question is, is there a difference in the height setting between singles and doubles? If so what does the doubles trap machine get set at 10 yards away? I have built new hoops for both skeet and trap and my trap hoop can be adjusted from 9' to 12' as the ATA book says 8' to 12'.

Thanks for your help in advance... will probably be resetting the doubles machine Thursday night if it don't rain.

Seems like I'm jumping through hoops... ha ha <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>
    Jerbear

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The birds have to be raised. On a Super Star trap machine it is usually four turns up. Set them so they look good. That is the way I have always seen it done. HMB

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Ajax - That is the same thing I do to the PAT traps and then look at some birds to make other required adjustments. Few places use a height pole for doubles, but I can see an advantage in doing so. A pole for the height of the right hand bird could also be used to set the field angle at the same time. If a height pole is used, I would suggest setting the right bird 10 feet high at 26 yards from a point between post one and two.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

double trap target setting