1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles shooting Left handed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by noiceracing, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noiceracing

noiceracing Member

Just getting back into shooting after a long absent I use to only shoot singles and Handicap. Question I have is on Doubles shot them a few times which target should I shoot first the straight away or the right Target or the Left Target first. Just want an opinion on which works best.
    Thanks
    Kevin

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

well, I'm lh also. I always figured shooting the straightaway 1st allowed a smoother move to the 2nd bird. Otherwise you may be swinging both ways. Not always a good thing on.ts.com. jrc

3. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

If you are a two eyed shooter, go with the flow. Being one-eyed left handed, I prefer to move left after yhe first shot except on four and five I take the straight bird first.Eddie Quire

4. rjdden

rjdden TS Member

I shoot the straight-a-way first. Then I go after the second with a U loop type thingy. Gets me right to it pretty much. I'm a Lefty!! Rich. (inPeoria,Az.)

5. cueguy2

cueguy2 TS Member

There is no best way. Charlie Morrison won the Grand doubles championship shooting the right bird on all posts. Steve Richardson ( shooting right handed ) has run a few 100's shooting the right bird first. Pete McCall hasn't done too badly either shooting the right hand target first. And then there is the rest of the world who run straights shooting the traditional way. Spend some time shooting each way and find out what works for you. I have shot some pretty good scores shooting the right target first, but still am not totally comfortable with that method. Nubs Wagner.

6. silverBB

silverBB TS Member

Well, I'm not the greatest doubles shooter, but I am left handed. The instruction I received (and it works well for me) is to always take the left-hand target first, that way I always swing to the right. I shoot a Mod-12 Winchester and have plenty of time to pump the old beast. Mike

7. CIM

CIM TS Member

I shoot the right bird first all the way across.It is easier for me to do it.Its alot quicker and smoothier for me.Its a very controlled method for me.Its alot easier on post 4 and 5 especially when I am lead-off.

CIM

8. kiwiG

kiwiG Member

Hi Kevin, FWIW (I'm a lefty...right eye useless) I shoot the straightaway first on the end 4 stations and the right first on 3.For some reason on 3 I get a better look and the second target going this way...lefties generally swing better the other way so I am not surprised that others do different, but in my case, in order to shoot it...first you must see it. Regards-Graham.

9. noiceracing

noiceracing Member

Thanks for all the info I will try it out and see what works best for me.
    I'm actually right handed with left eye dominent and right eye nearly blind from a lazy eye.So I learned to shoot left handed and never have looked back Shot mostly as a junior and did very well with tons of wins.Been back shooting a month.Having not shot competive for 17 years.Just like riding a bike first time out broke a 24 with shooting a total of 94 of 100 then breaking 25 within a month.so its time to shoot doubles and see how I do.
    Thanks
    Kevin

10. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Kevin, If such a poll existed, I think you'd find 95% of righties shoot the straight-away first and right/left on station 3 and lefties shoot straight-aways first and left/right on station 3. But there are others as pointed out above and you'll have to find what works for you....breakemall....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trap doubles shooting tip for left handed shooters