1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

doubles shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grl, Apr 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grl

grl Member

Anybody out there shoot the angled bird first? It seems like it might be easier to leave the straightaway for the second shot. I don't shoot much doubles and haven't got it figured out yet.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I do on station 3. HMB

3. Pull Bang

Pull Bang Member

HMB

You ain't got much of a choice on station 3.

Trap (spot the first target and pop it ASAP) the straight away targets on post 1,2,4,& 5 and swing to the angle. Shooters choice on post 3.

Frank

4. warren

warren Member

whatever is easest for you is the way to go. Try it both ways.

warren

5. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Veldon Smith of Indiana won the doubles at the Grand with the first 100 straight ( I think first) shooting the angle bird first back in the early 70's

6. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Frank Little once advised me that there was only one right way to shoot doubles.."First you shoot the first target and then you shoot the second in whichever order you prefer." It was trivia at the time but the thought has always remained with me.

Big Jack

7. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

The article in the current "TrapshootingUSA" magazine made a lot of sense re: shooting the same way (i.e., right to left or left to right) on each station. Regards, Ed

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You don't have to stop your swing if you make the U move on the second bird. HMB

9. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

It is more natural to shoot the angle second, as your transition already has your gun moving in a similar direction as the target. I am sure you can get proficient shooting the angle first with enough targets as others have proved, but taking the straight target first should be much easier for most people.

Jeff Holguin

10. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Station 1 right to left, 2 r to l, 3 r to l for a righthand shooter, 4 l to r and 5 l to r.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.