1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles scoring question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rooferbob, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Dead, lost! He shot the wrong bird!

2. Donm

Donm Active Member

Dead, lost. He didn't shoot the target thrown from his trap.

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

How did he hit it without knowing knowing it came from the other trap, since he otherwise lead it on the wrong side? I'd put the question in the same category as "What would happen is space aliens used a tractor-beam on the second target. . ." In other words, no need to decide.

Neil

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

What rule(s) concern interferance from an adjoining trap?

ec90t

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Shooter one, dead/lost. Shooter two, dead/lost.

Wind had some effect on the target in question but it was set legally to the normal distance till wind interfered? That's the way I would've scored it.

Shooting in very windy areas in the west, lots of targets could be "claimed" to be illegal by a shooter, even when it was set properly and a legal bird. If a shooter is planning on turning down windblown targets, best he stay home. Hap

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

I want to hear more about Neil's space alien tractor beam.

7. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Dave common sense needs to be a big factor in this one!

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Dave S. , did the shooter on trap two break his first bird, then break his second and the target from trap one? I didn't read it that way.

For shooter two, what if that outlaw intruder had been a peregrine(sp) falcon, would he still want credit for smoking it also, while shooting at something else? You can't find that spelled out that way in the rulebook either. Hap

9. johnpe

johnpe Member

Many, many years ago, about 60, the following occurred. The left hand trap threw a hard right target and almost simultaneously the right hand trap threw a hard left hand target. The shooter on the right hand trap missed his bird, but a split second later, the shooter on the left hand trap broke both birds. Both birds were counted as dead. The ruling was that the bird from the left hand trap was "broken in the air". The shooter on the right hand trap wasn't aware he had broken both targets until the members of the two squads compared what they had observed.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

If this were to actually happen I would firmly call "no bird" in a manner that suggested to others I knew what I was talking about. If challenged, I would request to be shown in the rule book that I was wrong.

Pat Ireland

11. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Dave, How was shooter #2 actually scored?

12. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

If two shooters shoot at the same target the rule is that it is 'NO TARGET' and the correct shooter goes again. The rulebook doesn't say that both shooters need to be on the same trap field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.