1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

??Doubles question??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Buster 25, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

When shooting Doubles, The shooter attempts to fire at the FIRST bird, When he do so his gun go's AUTO, firing both rounds unintentional weather he hits the first bird or not.
    What should be the ruling?
    When this happens a second time. What is the rule?

2. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Rule VII.D.3. Page 30-31 of new rule book:

"3. Machine-gunning or doubling only occurs when in Doubles Events
    both shotshells fire simultaneously in a break open gun, or two (2)
    shots are fired with a single operation of the trigger in an autoloading
    gun, rendering the competitor incapable of firing at the second target
    because both shotshells have fired. When a defective gun malfunctions
    and doubles or machine guns, whether or not the first target would
    have been scored “DEAD” or “LOST” and whether or not either target
    is legal or illegal, the referee/scorer shall rule this occurrence a Failure
    to Fire and score it accordingly."

3. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

also you better hope no one from the ATF hears it......wasen't there a case on here awhile back where an instructor loaned his rifle to some at the range, and he was sent to jail for having a fully auto AR 15, after some agents heard it.

tony

4. humboldtwarrior

humboldtwarrior TS Member

I had this problem when i shot my 682 gold e. it had mechanical triggers so when i shot at the first target both barrels went off because the recoil of the gun pushed my finger back down on the trigger. I had it switched back so that it used the recoil of the gun to switch witch barrel it was going to use. but it would be so that u would shoot the pair over, if done a second or more like me it would be called a dead lost

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Buster, I'd hoped no one heard that double report and now yer tellin the world!! :) I sure felt it though, thank goodness the first one out was a 7/8ths load too. It was my first attempt at shooting doubles with my B 303, with a release trigger. Believe me, it was more than one pull on the trigger even though it sounded like a machine gun going off! I think I could rival the Benelli spitin out three with that release? Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.