1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles problem with K80 double release trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pulllit, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pulllit

pulllit Member

Once or twice per 50 pair I am not releasing the trigger enough and I am getting a instant second shot as I leave the first bird. I have checked the set/release on both triggers and they are the same (72/22) with normal travel. I use 1150fps 7/8's reloads so it is not a recoil bounce problem. I am almost veteran category and I believe it is age related because of the gradual loss of dexterity in my trigger finger.

Any advice on how to overcome this lazy finger syndrome I have developed?

2. Ljutic1964

Ljutic1964 Member

I once developed an issue shooting doubles with a Browning Special Trap. Was at the Grand in Vandalia and took it into Browning for repair. 1st shot was fine but 2nd barrel wouldn't fire. They checked it out and returned it. Next time I shot doubles with it I had 3 or 4 failures to fire on a doubles round because of same issue. Went back to Browning, this time doing a little grumbling about how they hadn't fixed the problem, etc. Turns out I wasn't releasing the trigger enough after the first shot to allow the trigger to switch to 2nd barrel. Whoops! Doesn't really answer your question but reading your thread made me remember my "flinch" issue with that gun.

Tony J.

3. pulllit

pulllit Member

Maybe I need an old fashioned screen door spring attached to the forend with a trigger finger ring...... LOL

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Been there-done that. Explain the issue to Krieghoff International and have them adjust the trigger. Worked for me and I'm old too. My Doubles still suck but I've got a few moments of brilliance!!

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It's probably not that you're not releasing the trigger enough after the first shot. What's more likely happening is you're opening your whole hand as you release the trigger. This is a common problem with release shooters, myself included.
    The recoil causes the gun to "jump" in your hand and your finger bumps the
    trigger, resetting and releasing it in one motion.

You should concentrate on keeping a firm grip with your trigger hand, and only open the index finger to release the trigger. Try it, I'll bet it solves the problem.

6. pulllit

pulllit Member

P3AT,

I slid the trigger to the rear of the guard for more finger on the trigger thinking it would help but Sunday I experienced three rapid fires. I will move the trigger all the way forward and try your method using only the finger tip. Thank you for the advice.

dickgtax,

I will be more aware of my grip pressure next time out. You may be on to something. I tried shooting doubles with the soft touch stock but found out that I would come out of the gun on the way to the second bird. I now have it collapsed and stay in the gun but this doubling on the trigger has started.

Thank you for the advice.

As Daro Handy says about doubles "it's bang......bang not bang.bang"

7. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

slightly heavier first shot to give you more "slack" in your finger

8. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

sorry reread your post, you are getting a doubling because your not off the trigger, it needs adjustment

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k80 trigger problems