1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Nutso, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nutso

Nutso Member

I now can just the POI of my o/u, so the question I have is, should I adjust the poi to replicate my single barrel (90/10), or start set it down to 70/30 or about?

I do think I will have to experiment, but wanted some opinions to determine a starting point.

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The majority of good Doubles shooters probably have a lower POI on their Doubles gun but this is not carved in stone. Daro Handy for example shoots the same 90/10 POI in his 1100 for all events.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The first shot in doubles is a fast rising bird and the second shot for most people is a flat or dropping bird. Which one are you going to set your POI for? HMB

4. Nutso

Nutso Member

I'm only a mediocre doubles shooter, but it seems that when I shoot the first target quickly I have better overall results. My scores have been inconsistent but lately seem to be improving.

5. dls guide

dls guide Member

I like 50/50, but I also shoot sporting clays.

6. mike campbell

mike campbell Active Member

"I like 50/50, but I also shoot sporting clays."

Wow. You use a gun that shoots where you LOOK, regardless of where the target is or what it's doing? How arcane.

7. larrycrismond

larrycrismond Member

You'll probably be happy with the same POI that you prefer for 16 yds - both barrels. There is just no substitute for a gun that shoots where YOU look.

8. dls guide

dls guide Member

Yes, 50/50 point of aim and I still manage to shoot over targets all the time. I have a hard time understanding why trap shooters need to shoot such high shooting guns. Try different points of aim and Use Whatever works for you.

9. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Set your gun up so you can hit the second target. That is the target missed the most by doubles shooters. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.