1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles POI question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmi, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

My new unsingle is set to shoot 70/30. When I buy the O/U barrels for doubles should I set the bottom barrel the same? Should both top and bottom barrels be set the same?
    My last doubles gun was a Citori Plus that I had set up to shoot very flat, I was just starting to see some decent scores when I traded it in on my Kolar.
    Just wondering how you double shooters have your's set compared to your unsingle.

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Bottom barrel high, top barrel flat. The first bird is shot quickly while it is rising and the second bird has flattened out or is dropping. That works for most shooters, but it all depends on how fast you shoot. HMB

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Almost no one in the world shots the first bird as fast as hmb. I traded a combo where all barrels shot to different POIs. I just could not get used to it. I much prefer (and that's what I just bought) a combo where all three barrels can be made to shoot to the same POI. For me that is especially true of the O/U barrels. It's just easier for my poor, addled brain to deal with. If everything shoots to the same place I don't have to remember to hold on for this and low for that.

That being said, if you are quick to the first bird and slow to the second, a B barrel that shoots a LITTLE higher than the O barrel can be helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.