1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles League Walworth NY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by larrystrollo, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Tomorrow I believe.

2. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Doubles League starts tomorrow January 9. Shooting starts at 11:00 and goes until probably about 3:00. Lunch, snacks, drinks available. See you there.

Chris

3. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Can Beernie K., or Ontario Chris, or anyone else from the club give us the weekly results please.

Us folks in the supposedly "warm" climate would like to see how our northern friends are doing in that 5 degree weather.

All bets are off this year, as the level of competition at that club makes it anyones game. All Americans, State Hall of Famers, and just plain great doubles shooters shadow those fields every week during the winter to shoot some of the best targets in the North East.

Dave and Judy in SC

4. B V

B V TS Member

It was cold,partly cloudy, good food,no wind for the early squads, light wind for the later squads.

A good time for all who attended.

5. joannl030

joannl030 Member

Hope your league goes well. Today during the Penn-York league(Chautauqua County, NY & Warren County, PA), it was -11 on our way and it hit a wopping 5 degrees on the way home. The only thing good was there was no wind! I didn't shoot because the bottoms of my feet were cold in the clubhouse! And the last time I shot at this club I got frostbite on my trigger finger...so for today, I am still straight!
    Jo Ann

6. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

Dave,

We had 18 shooters yesterday and, like Bruce said, a good time was had by all. Chris Vendel Jr. was the top shot with a 43. Dave Staer had 42. You will have to ask Barney what his score was as I will not publish it here. LOL. Jet Boat Bill chickened out and only shot practice. Good meatball sandwiches.

Still thawing out,

Chris

7. shotgunpeople

Good old Jet Boat, waiting for the "Warm" day....LOL

Congratulations to the "Junior Chris" on his top score !!! The members were just getting use to Senior Chris and along comes Jr....LOL I think it's great !!!

Joan shoud be use to Busti and the Jamestown area by now but I can certainly understand her dilema...I wouldn't go out and shoot this weekend because it was only 40 here in the south...LOL

Thanks for the results and please post them every week so we can see if the youngin shows the oldsters how to do it this winter...

Keep warm, Dave in sunny but cold SC

8. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear Dave in South Carolina,
    I will try and post scores for you and Judy after this Saturdays event. The league shoots every Sat until Feb. 20th. And the weather can be downright challenging! Have also received personal threats and accusations from my fellow shooters! So the gauntlet has been thrown down and I tried to raise some side bets.....but no takers. Also, Ontario Chris has a new Beretta Autoloader which he has been shooting well. Lot's of fun, wish you were here!
    Respectfully Submitted,
    Jet Boat Bill Monday 2:15 PM

9. shotgunpeople

Hello Mr. Jet Boat:

Thank you so kindly for your offer to post the scores each week for us. We have been basking in this beautiful southern 18 degree weather in the mornings and now know why you left Florida to return to good old New York State where you have been having mornings warmer than us...The weather guy has promised us 60s here by the end of the week, we'll see.

I hope that "Lil Chris" continues to show you and our old friend Mr. Wederick how to shoot them double thingies that come out in that cold weather up there. He sure is something to watch !!! Pops Chris tried his best to teach you guys but I guess he is leaving it up to the youngin now...LOL

Have a super week and please tell all at the club we said Hi...

By the way, is Joe Strucker off the disabled list now ??? Tell him we wish him well.

Take care, Dave and Judy in SC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.