1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles in the wind

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by releasebob, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. releasebob

releasebob Member

Last week we shot doubles on Sunday at the NW grand in Spokane in a nasty wind storm the wind coming from behind making targets erratic,diving quickly with gusts and targets going everywhere.I watched a couple squads shoot and everyone including the big dogs were having trouble with the exception of one guy who seemed to not be bothered at all and was just smokimg targets sometimes picking them right off the ground when the second target would dive in the wind I only saw him miss one target,what stategy do you use when shooting doubles in the wind I have shot for over 50 years and have never figured it out .BOB

2. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

everyone is shooting in pretty much the same conditions, keep your head in the game and do your best, you have to shoot where they are going to be, not were they should be, sometimes you are going to have a good day, most days you're not,only change I'd make would be shoot short flight target first, enjoy the days when it goes good.

3. Shawn

Shawn Member

I wouldn't change much, that will likely cost you more targets then it gets you.

I might widen my stance slightly or hold a slightly lower gun. No Radical changes.

Just the minor adjustments that I would make during any round based on conditions, how I'm seeing the target and how the targets are breaking etc.

Shawn

4. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

becoming a non thinking entity and not being able to adjust to conditions will cost you more targets, but again everyone has a tendency to do things their way

5. releasebob

releasebob Member

Guess some can just adjust better than others. BOB

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Just shoot them where they are at ... not where they are supposed to be! Spot shooters are great ... until the wind comes up and they start getting erratic birds.

Try shooting Wobble Doubles sometime!

7. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

It's all fun. Enjoy it and be grateful you live in a country where you can, at least for now.

8. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

exactly, if you don't shoot them and try different things you'll never learn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.