1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles gun way different than my SBT

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, May 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My singles & caps gun is a SBT with a high rib, lightning fast trigger- I smoke targets with it. Now my doubles gun is a 612 gold e, it shoots where I look--but can't hit with any consistancy with it. Wondering does anyone out there have the same problem. What did you do to fix it/

phil Berkowitz

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

What is the POI for each gun? How much difference in trigger speed?

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The problem is the first shot is a fast rising target, the second shot for most is flat or dropping. Does your gun have a different POI for each barrel? I doubt it. HMB

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My SBT shoots 120% & the lock time is .0005, My Beretta is 80/20 & who knows what the lock time on a Beretta Gold E with a Spears release is? Big difference in guns.

Phil Berkowitz

5. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

What is your SBT?

Ajax

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

My SBT is an Infinity

Phil Berkowitz

7. max trap

max trap Member

I would put my deposit on a new DeVault O/U. Lightening quick with the worlds greatest trigger.

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I'd recheck the lock time on the sbt....then try and set both guns within 27 nanoseconds or so to get better consistency.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Set the O/U to shoot where your singles gun shoots. Both barrels...., and go from there.

10. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I'll be the odd man out here....doubles practice? The beretta is a decent gun but you should check that it shoots straight. Also the trigger is WAY different than that Infinity.

11. charleyj10

charleyj10 TS Member

I like that! 27 nanoseconds? LOL!

Charlie

12. tarheel

tarheel Member

Hello Phil from N.C.
    I bet there is a good Stock fitter down there that can make your doubles gun feel real close to your singles Gun!
    Thats the first thing I would try,and being close to a good trap shooting facility you can check it out by shooting it real easy and often!

Good Luck,
    Tarheel

13. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Phil, re-reading my response it sounded kind of terse. That was not the intent. What I was saying was that the 682 is never going to swing or shoot like the Infinity. Balance, shape, sight picture and trigger are all different. If you are set on shooting that combination of guns then you will have to realize they are different and practice around that.

The other alternative is to take your 682 to Dennis DeVault and have a custom stock made that makes your gun feel more like the Infinity. You could also send the receiver out for trigger work to take the slack out and set the pull weight to be similar to the Infinity. I think Coles does this work on Berettas.

14. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I've done both, Dennis made me a custom stock, had the trigger done by Spears. Had a Delrin rib put on. The gun just feels like a piece of fluff compared to the Infinity's.

Having my back done in the near future, if the surgery works---time for a new o/u

Phil Berkowitz

15. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

you'll have to buy your way in,shoot more doubles practice. You need to earn the respect of that Beretta. The trigger timing is in your head. totally different games.

16. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

+1 on what Twinbirds said!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.