1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles gun decision?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Jan 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Since ,I,ve never shot any registered doubles & I've just sold by DeVault 391. I was looking @ a high end guns--but this is the way I'm leaning. A Beretta 682 with 32" barrels ,PFS & a Allems roller double release.--I'm currently shooting an Infinity, just wondering if any Infinity shooters would know how the Beretta would feel and swing compared to the Infinity. Or is just one of my dumb questions. Didn't consider a Browning because I don't want a ported gun. If Dennis comes out with a o/u thats what I'll be waiting on.

Phil Berkowitz

2. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

Phil, look at the Guerini, particularly if you like a high-ribbed gun, I think they've finally gotten their release trigger to be reliable. I switched from an MX-8 and am very happy, although I use a pull trigger. Very, very happy with the balance and handling dynamics after putting a 7 oz Dead Mule device in the butt.

WNCRob

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Another reason, for getting the 682 is that a PFS is made for it & I've noticed that the PFS has more of a pistol/ verticle grip that is similar to the Infinity.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Phil, How about a Kolar TA Max combo? I have the PFS on mine, even missing is fun. The gun is a joy to shoot. Bill Malcolm

5. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Just have dennis restock the beretta and you should be set.

Joe goldberg

6. gslam

gslam TS Member

The best doubles gun I've ever had in my hands or owned is a Berreta Silver Pigeon II sporting, 32" feather light and swings like a feather.

7. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Phil,

I like the way a 32" Beretta O/U swings and points. They are very quick to point and that's the way a doubles gun should be, at least for me. I would spend a little time shooting one as some don't care for the POI on Beretta's. If you catch the second bird still rising hard, you'll have to crawl up into the bird a bit.

If you can, get a Beretta with the newer optima bore barrels as they are a bit lighter and swing cleaner than the mobile choked barrels.

Try to get a forearm with a recessed latch. The barrels will build up a bit of heat and the latch will get quite warm creating a bit of a distraction.

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.