1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DOUBLES GUN-3200 vs Citori Plus

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

DOUBLES SHOOTERS ,

I am hoping to try doubles this year and was looking for opinions on a couple of different guns . I have a Citori Plus -32" factory ported - adj rib-comb-LOP-recoil reducer . I have a chance to buy a 3200 which I was told is a better doubles gun because the barrels aren't connected and offer some adjustment with different hangers . It doesn't have any other adjustments . I don't know how much this matters . So before I spend money on something else I don't need I'd like to hear from shooters that know the doubles game .
    Thank you in advance for your time and help.
    Soup

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

For doubles you need a gun that fits and shoots where you are looking.

Make and model don't matter very much.

Personally, I use a 3200 ... but occasionally, a Mod 12.

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Soup,

I'm a 3200 fanatic BUT, your Browning is a great gun to shoot doubles with IF it fits you correctly, and is choked appropriately.

Save your money, get some doubles under your belt, say 10k or so, and go from there.

Enjoy!

Guy Babin

4. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

shoot what you have.

when you average in the 90's try try different guns and change guns if necessary to get better.

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

You can get parts and service from more than one or two shops for a Citori. The same can't be said for a 3200.

6. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

The barrels are very thin on a 3200 so you would be pretty much stuck with the fixed chokes that are in the gun. I have owned both guns in the past but liked the Citori much better. I parted with the 3200 when our local gunsmith who could make parts retired.

7. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Shoot the Browning. Spend your money on practice. I shoot a 3200 because it fits me and shoots where I look. You have the ability to adjust the Browning to shoot where you look. The barrels being separated, making a difference,is a crock. Lot a great doubles shooter are shooting guns with the barrel together.

Ajax

8. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

I have seen many 3200 barrels that have been choked by Briley with thin wall chokes, and presently own three sets that are choked with either S-2 series or S-26 series. In my personal experience it is a myth about the barrels being too thin to be fitted with chokes. The ones I have work fine, and from external appearance you cannot tell they have been choked unless the extended tubes are in.

What you probably should do if at all possible is handle both guns and shoot both guns then make your decision.

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

This games all about fun and the love of fine guns...if you have the means to experiment and find you prefer one over the other I doubt you'll lose anything on either of those if you decide to move the one you find doesnt work as well for you

10. len loma

len loma TS Member

I personally found the 3200 a good shooter but a rather promblematic gun to own. My big mistake was dealing with it for as long as I did. Len

11. soup

soup Member

Folks ,

I am greatful and surprised at both the number of prompt responses and most of them nodding in favor of the gun I have ( Citori Plus ) . The gun fits me well I just need to get into the doubles game with it . The reason I started looking for a 3200 was that I was fed the info of barrel adjustment being of the utmost importence and that other than a K80 or CG only the 3200 would be my grail . I didn't take to that as the Citori Plus had a lot of " dial in " features & the 3200 had no adjustments other than the barrel . This is the reason for my inquiry and I appreciate the information passed to me by all.

Thank you and Good Shooting.
    Soup

12. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Truth be known although the 3200 is a very good gun, much beloved by doubles shooters, the adjustment of the barrels is so limited as to be a non factor. I think there are only 2 or possibly 3 different hangers available and it might not adjust to the point of impact you want.

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

FWIW..all of my Citori's Pluses and non-Pluses are all regulated perfect...the bottom shoots just slightly higher than the top for that fast rising first shot

14. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I'm sure your Citori Plus will do just fine.

15. soup

soup Member

16. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

It all comes down to fit and preference, I personally prefer the 3200 in your choices, But I shoot a CG Challenger Combo w/tubes.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

17. soup

soup Member

18. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Which gun has the most adjustments right out of the box?

Which gun will hold it's value better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.