1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Doubles around Rochester, NY?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Rich219, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

Any clubs around Rochester, NY have open shooting for non-member that offers doubles targets?

2. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

Rich, I think Mendon throws doubles on Saturdays. Stop by Lima GC on Tuesday nights and we'll talk. Larry Evans

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I'm busy most Saturdays so that usually prevents me from getting to Mendon on Saturdays. Lima would probably be doable for me on Tuesdays. I should be able to stop by this upcoming Tuesday.

Springwater throws doubles on Wednesdays but my membership won't be approved there until the end of May and I don't believe their open shooting on Wednesdays is open to non-members. Right now I'm living in Springwater and Mendon is a good 40 mins away so I'm kind of stuck without a place to shoot trap unless I travel back to Mendon during the week.

4. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

Mt.Morris SC's Doubles/16yd league starts Thursday, May 6th and runs every Thursday for 8 weeks. the only exception is the shoot is moved to Wednesday, June 16th due to scheduling conflicts. You can shoot Doubles, 16's, or both. The top 5 scores for each count for the league. Trophy shoot is July 1st and the banquet is July 17th. Open to all shooters, members or not. Unlimited shoot aheads/makeups. $11.00 the first shoot, $9.00 there after. Shooting starts around 4:30 PM or so. Steak dinner at the end of the league. Food is available. We're 15-20 min. from Springwater.

The Springwater Doubles league was canceled due to lack of shooters. There is open shooting Wednesdays. You DON'T have to be a member to shoot there.

5. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

dblsshtr,

Thanks for the info. Are you shooting on the singles league @ Springwater?

6. Doubles Shooter

Doubles Shooter Member

Rich,

No I'm not shooting it. I'm shooting the Mt.Morris league. There are only so many hours to play. I did just start the F-Class rifle league at Springwater.

7. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

I was going to get into F class but think I'm going to focus that money towards a Perazzi for next year. I have the hours to play but lack the money to fund all my hobbies.

8. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Walworth Sportsman's Club The club is located on RT. 350 ( Ontario Center Road ) 1 mile North of Rt. 441 or 1/2 mile south of Rt. 286 ( Atlantic Ave. ) 10 miles east of Rochester. We shoot them any time someone wants to shoot. Check out our web site at www.walworthgunclub.com We shoot Friday nites 5pm to 10pm. Sat. 12 noon to 4pm and Sundays 10am to 4pm. Registered shoot this Friday nite April 23rd.

9. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

Bernie;

What's the program this friday, and the start time?

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.