1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Double wobblers ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Does trap shooting have such a thing as double wobblers ?

2. twotimer

twotimer Member

I'm sure you could set the machine to do that if you have the wobble feature. However, hard rights and hard lefts would probably hit the side of the trap house. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. Mike

3. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

We have a wobbles league in the winter and doubles are part of it. No problem with the targets getting out of the house but you gotta be really quick on the low pairs. This sort of thing is for entertainment only as there is no such thing as legal or fair targets.

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

sounds like fun!!!!

5. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Cottage Grove - Eugene in Orygun has set and shot doubles that wobble as well in leagues and fun shoots. Folks like'em......bdodd

6. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Years ago, this used to be a regular money game occurrence at some of our bigger Sporting Clays Tournaments. The trap clubs that I belong to now can't draw a large enough crowd to bother with them - too bad, they are fun.

Kip

7. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

We do an oscillating wobble doubles from the 23 yard line at my club.

There have been a few shots that grazed the top of the trap house on the low ones.

8. dhip

dhip Active Member

When I go to my cabin in W.V. I visit a small club there.Unfortunately trap has taken a big hit there.So,,on tuesday nights,whoever wants to come shoot may,they allow me to shoot there,great guys.Nothing organized,lucky to get 10 people show.But,last summer they did set the trap for Double Wobble.What a blast ,new at this sport so it was my first time shooting Doubles first,then the double wobble.Only problem I had was shooting wrong target first once,and skimmed the top of the trap house trying to get the 2nd one.I apologized,but was told not neccessary cause the top was concrete.It humbled me because I only broke half,but it sure was fun.

Doug H.

9. Hatshooter

Hatshooter TS Member

fun game..

10. David J Comroe

David J Comroe Active Member

I shot 25pr of Oscillating Wobble Doubles with HCJR this summer. He broke a 48 and twice couldn't fire his second shot because the target was below the trap.

Makes you want to quit and take up golf...

11. addictedtotrap

addictedtotrap Member

Now the club I belong to has a Wobble trap that throws 2 targets< I guess that could be a double wobbler.. We have even shot a protection wobble, thats interesting...
    we will even shoot from the top of the wobble house, folks claim it gets them ready for bird season..

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Good practice for regular doubles. Sort of like playing a game of snooker before 8 ball.

13. KRE

KRE TS Member

Used to shoot a 4th hole, wobble, slider. Most more missed birds than Double wobble for sure. We started at the 27 and the low ones were quick to get away.

KRE

14. letts

letts TS Member

Our club uses our trap fields as part of our sporting clays course. We shoot from the top of the trap house and also add another trap with a crossing pattern. Double wobbler's are often part of the game. Of course every target pattern at each station (10 stations)is adjusted each week to keep the shooters on their toes. Negaunee Rod and Gun Club. Negaunee Michigan.

Letts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.