1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Double trigger switch over for old side by side

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 121083, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 121083

121083 Member

I have an old Stevens 311 16 ga and I have had it for 45 years. It is the first gun I hunted with when I was 10 years old. Does anyone convert these to single triggers. I realize that this gun is not worth that much but it is a great hunting gun and would like to see if it is possible to modernize. Reply to thread or PM. Thanks and good shooting, Bob.

2. checker

checker Member

Where the Stevens 311 is generally seen stocked in plain hardwood and fitted with double triggers and extractors, the Fox Model B series came with checkered (impressed or otherwise) American walnut stocks and a raised ventilated rib. The plain Model B featured a color-cased frame, splinter forearm, double triggers, and extractors. The more deluxe B-SE had a satin chrome frame with a roll stamped game scene, beavertail forearm, non-selective single trigger and selective ejectors (SE). I sold these guns in the 1960's and cannot ever remember having a problem with one. However, these are heavy, rather "clunky" doubles. The line was discontinued in 1989.

Buy a Stevens B-SE...it has a single trigger, hang the other gun over the fireplace.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

121083- I also began hunting with the same model in 12 ga. I found that using double triggers was fast, smooth and very easy. Take your 16 ga with double triggers and go rabbit hunting and relive your youth. You will have fun.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fox model b 16 gauge single trigger side by side