1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Double Trap Men Highlights World Cup 2012, Tucson

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5s743SjtDgU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. DENNISMASTROLIA1

DENNISMASTROLIA1 Active Member

Do you know what loads they are allowed to use/ Thanks--Dennis

3. Joe Potosky

Shot loads of no more than 24 grams, maximum allowed is 24.5 grams ( less than 7/8 ounce). The shot size is 7 ½ .

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

To be more technical. Shot size can not be larger than 2.5MM and may be plated. I suspect that Josh Richmond used a 8-1/2 for his first barrel load and a 7-1/2 in the second. The Army team uses Special Federal Paper loads that monograph at about 1350 FPS.

Understand that the rules for this event are changing. Word has it that you will get 2 birds at each station but you will not know which 2 of the 3 birds you will get. Also the delay will be removed. Instant pull. Remember the CVR that are used in ATA have a 1/2 second delay.

Tom

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Tom, if that change is made, scores will drop for sure! If so, Russel's record of 198/200 may never be broken?

I watched this shoot-out and it was exciting to see!! Russel's second shot timing was within inches of his previous smokes! So was Josh's!!

Hap

6. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Hap please don't wear such a big hat to the shoot-offs ..Just kidding,it was a good shootoff. Bob Roberts

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

It seems that Olympic double trap champion Walton Glenn Eller is shooting
    sporting clays these days. He shot in the NSCA Nationals last year and is
    entered in the World FITASC in Chicago this year.

Olympic Skeet shooter Haley Dunn has also become a sporting clays shooter.

8. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Bob, I didn't spot you? Why didn't you throw a rock er somethin at me? We coulda solved a few more of the worlds problems fairly quick! :)

Hap

9. Joe Potosky

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bIVsiMXZ5tE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Dick- I suspect the fact that there is very little or no money in international competition, and some good money in sporting clays has something to do with it.

11. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Is the instant-to-1 second variable delay still being used?

12. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

rmy

In international competition it is legal to move from post to post with shells in the chamber but action open.

Except when moving from station 5 to station 1. Then you must have the gun unloaded and open.

13. perazziuser

perazziuser Active Member

Haley and Glenn both came from sporting clays originally. Glenn shoots it for fun and to link up with old buddies (money is not a motivator) and Haley shoots it because she has been doing very well at it.

I also shot in an MQS position because I am currently not in the top 3. I wanted to get experience shooting on that range before we travel there in May to decide our countries 2nd representative to London. It was my first time to Tuscon. What an awesome facility! It was very nice to see a World Cup held on US soil at a range that was equipped and used to catering to a large number of shooters. The background, targets, and equipment were all nearly flawless. I haven't seen targets that large since Munich. I can't wait to go back....

Tom, in Tucson we were shooting AA's. 9's in the first barrel and 7.5 on top.

Jeff Holguin

14. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Great idea, but too much $. $3k buys you a really nice custom stock from Devault, Wenig, ect. Stock is also not as adjustable as a PFS, and doesn't have any provision for recoil reduction. It does look SLIGHTLY better though, and I like the grip design. I think if you could put one of their grips on a PFS, you'd have the best of both worlds, and a real winner.

15. Baber

Baber TS Member

For you ATA'ers Release Triggers are Banned. Perazzi and Beretta said they were too dangerous to use in Olympic competition. Also everyone uses a light 24 GM load not the 32 GM load used in ATA.

T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.