1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Double Trap Final - ISSF World Cup (VIDEO)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Concepcion, Chile

Some nice commentary. Very good explanation of the game.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RF7FT2ORJHM?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RF7FT2ORJHM?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

ridg301 thanked this.
  2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Richmond got the bronze. Good showing!

Here's a surprise. Kim Rhode (Harryman) DID NOT medal in skeet. She finished tied for second with 3 others at 96, and dropped out first in the shoot-off for a 5th place finish. However, another American, Jaiden Grineell finished with a bronze!

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Captivating 20 minutes. Some things of note...

The color analyst is Jeff Holguin, easily one of the best shooters in the world and the brother of Aaron Holguin, one of our regular posters on TS.com (motowheelguy)

Note that half the shooters hold a "canted" gun. Seems to matter little.

Their gun handling is very specifically "locked in" with their cheek on the very front of the comb and that they are the reverse of a "heads-up" style.

They close the gun without regard to holding the top lever.

All had a common gun mount by beginning the mount with a "pre-mount hesitation with the pad just below the shoulder. Then the move to the shoulder.

And I have a question for Mike...Since you have shot this game tell us... Do these shooters shoot flat POIs or elevated as we do in American trap? Perhaps Richard can comment here as well. To me they looked as if they are shooting 100% high guns, albeit impossible to tell for sure.

Another common is that they are shooting either off the front tip or it seems so. The ones with the short high ribs do not have anything interfering with the target flight pick up.

These fellows are not cross-firing.

Thanks for posting that Joe. A lot to be learned by observing these shooters. A lot that can be carried over to our S-H-D sport. Skeet too. Never shot Bunker doubles trap. Bunker once. It was humbling. Used to be OK at wobble prior to release trigger days.

Jack

4. Vickie

Vickie Member

Congratulations to Josh Richmond for the Bronze Medal in the World Cup and special congratulations to Jeff Holquin, guest commentator and 2011 California Trapshooting Hall of Fame Inductee! Congratulations Jeff! We are all proud of you Jeff!

Vickie Larkin

5. archangel

archangel Member

Do these shooters use a shorter LOP? and I think it has been pointed out they seem to hold the stock lower on their shoulder. thanks for the video - mike

6. pheasantsgalore

pheasantsgalore Active Member

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

USA women's shooters in trap singles.

None made the final 6.

Corey Cogdell finished 14th with a 66x75, Caitlin Barney Weinheimer finished 17th, and Rachel Lynn Heiden finished 18th each with 65x75.

Nice interview with Susan Nattrass who is the co-announcer on the video.

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

The legal load is 24gm or about 7/8 oz. Yes it's not a NITRO load. Bunker trap is the toughest clay target game in the world.

Tom

9. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Watching their eyes I noticed their eyes were focused OUT THERE before they even mounted their guns. Their eyes remained out there. No looking back at the beads. They are confident by the way their mount feels they are where they need to be with their setup. By not doing a setup check they kept their sub-conscious minds in the driver's seat. You could see the one guy was uncomfortable. Two times he remounted and both times he dropped a target.

10. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

Wireguy, exactly right. Eyes are out there and total focus is on the target. I have a habit of bead checking and you absolutely cannot do that in bunker. Most of my drops now are from bead watching and not maintaining the focus on the target. I've learned that mount will make or break you, including how the head is positioned as well as hand position. The biggest thing about bunker is having good to excellent fundamentals and excellent to superior concentration. I ain't there yet.

HJH

11. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the video, thank you Joe. I also would note that ALL of these guys trapped the first bird, and people who don't think you should put shells into your gun till it is your turn would really freak as the standby shooters loaded up behind the line. I also liked those targets - I think they called them flash targets?

12. Baber

Baber TS Member

Gary.... There are a couple of rules that are very different between bunker and ATA. First you can load your shotgun and walk from station to station with a loaded gun as long as the action is open. The gun must be unloaded as the shooter moves from station 5 to station 1. You can only close your gun when it's your time to shoot.

Tom

13. Baber

Baber TS Member

Gary

You can't trap the bird because there is a variable delay in the target being thrown. ISSF had a problem with which I call the 'bang pullers'. Calling for the bird and pulling the trigger and sport shooting the first bird. ISSF inserted a variable delay after the call to stop this.

Tb

14. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Men's Skeet:

Jan Sychra from the Czech Republic ran them for a 150, tying the World Record. That's pretty impressive.

The record had been established in 2007 by the current Olympic Champion, Vincent Hancock of the USA. Since then, it had been tied just twice, both times by Norway’s Tore Brovold.

USA's Frank Thompson made the final six, and finished 5th overall with a 146 (23 in the final.)

Vincent Hancock just missed the finals, and finished 7th with a 122.

Jon McGrath finished 21st with a 121.

Looks like there's a tie-breaker rule (last round's score, then reverse long run?) in effect so the shooters that don't make the final round don't shoot-off for place.

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

After three rounds, Colin Wietfeldt of the USA leads the pack in men's trap singles and is the only shooter who is straight.

There are two shooters at 74, and eight shooters at 73.

Lance Bade is at 70 and Brian Burrows is at 68.

16. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Thet also have banned the use of release triggers. Jake

17. Baber

Baber TS Member

Release triggers are dangerous or so says Perazzis and Berretta. They made this statement to the ISSF shotgun committee. The US and Canadians protested but the ban Is still in effect.

Tb

18. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Colin Wietfeldt dropped 5 targets in the last two rounds and did not qualify for the final. Finished with a 120. Bummer.

19. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

issf trap shooting videos

issf trapshooting videos
issf trapshooting videos 2014 to 2015
shootinh issfdouble trap final