1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Double Standards In Schools About T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Gargoyle!, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I just saw in the paper that a high school girl was wearing a t-shirt with lesbian themed shirt. The principal told her to remove the shirt or cover it up. she then went to the ACLU. The school then buckeled and said they made a mistake when telling her to remove or cover it up. She is now permitted to wear the shirt. But if you wear a NRA or a shooting shirt you will be hassled to no end. If you wear a gay shirt thats OK but if you wear a NRA shirt you are dirt. Strange?????? The gun gave them the freedom to wear such a shirt but you are a crook or trash for knowing how to use a gun to keep the freedom to do so.

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Thank a liberal.

3. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Garg, I am sure that this type of thing goes on quite often, but there is also just the reverse going on in some of our schools. I know that several schools in the area that I live in have out door clubs. They take kids who sign up for the club to a shooting range and shoot sporting clays for so many weeks, then trap for so many weeks, and then skeet for so many weeks. After they are done they have a big banquet and give trophies to the winner of each discipline. In the school where I teach we have an auction every year for a fund raiser. Another teacher and myself will auction off, what we call a day at the range. This is a day at my club for 5 students. We shoot trap, sporting clays, and skeet. We furnish everything for them, so there isn't a cost to the parents except for the high bid at the auction. This has gone over very well. My students also know that the second amendment is very important to me. We talk about guns and hunting quite often. So, all schools are not teaching against the second amendment. Thanks Roland King

4. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Kudos to you and your schools, Roland....Bob Dodd

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Roland, it warms my heart. I hate to say it but I would wager you are not in or near any of the larger urban areas.

Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas.

HM

6. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Hoosier Good for you. In my area you have so meany closed minds its not funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.