1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DOUBLE SCOPED RIFLE CASE

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by soup, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS ,

I'm looking for an " airline approved " case for 2 scoped rifles .It can be either injection molded or aluminum - I know either are good . I was set to buy a Pelican 1750 , but the company informed me that I would have to cut the foam to fit my rifles / shotguns . I want this for hunting trips and I don't always take the same guns , so I would have to buy a bunch of extra foam inserts and custom cut each one . This seems rather expensive and troublesome . I want a good strong lockable case that I can put whatever long guns I'm taking without a lot of fuss .

I would appreciate any information / help you can pass along . I liked the Pelican & I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get around the foam cutting issue .

Thank you in advance for our time & help .

BILL

2. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Go onto my web site www.silverdollarfirearms.com I have one on there you might like. Go down into the Miscellaneous Section.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

3. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

You cant get around it, using the foam is cheaper than new cases.
    You first mark the foam to the outline. Single edged razor blade, angled exacto blade is cheapest way to go. The colder, stiffer the foam before cutting the easier it is to cut.I was able to get it into a large freezer first flat, a labor of love and necessity. Lee

4. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

You can also use an electric carving knife. Thats how I did my M4 cutout (after putting it in the chest freezer) It worked like a charm

Oscar

5. soup

soup Member

TTT

6. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Try Cabela's gun cases. They are built well and do what you want them to. Item number IK-226580 and IK-226583. I have one and it has served me well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.