1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

double release

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by big one, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big one

big one TS Member

just came back from the worst shoot i have had in 24 years shoot a release trigger in my ljutic it works fine but double release major broblem go one shoot works great next shoot l fall apart with a lot of doubling canot control the trigger have precion gold set but in no way i blame the trigger
    need ideas

2. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I have an Allem double release and Precision gold trigger (double release) for my MX-10. I have had identical trouble with the Precision Gold and not with the Allem in doubles ergo I use the Allem trigger. Richard

3. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

You mean the hallowed Precision Gold may not be a better mousetrap? Scandalous. Jake

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Big one....Earl, above, is on the right track. A Precision release is normally set at 80oz's of set pressure and 32oz's release. They are a pretty fast trigger and, if your Ljutic release is like mine was, the difference in speed is like night and day. To see if you are, indeed, releasing it too soon, try setting it deep into the first joint of your trigger finger. Make a concentrated effort to hold the trigger for the second shot. If you can now control the trigger, you know what the problem is. I had the very same problem with my Precision until I had Jim Coons tune it to my specifications. I had him slow it down considerably. My trigger is now 88oz's set and 25oz's release. It's just much easier for me to control it this way. To set your mind at ease, the Precision trigger is the best there is. You may just need to have it adjusted to fit your shooting style. It's really no big deal, and easily corrected. Call Jim Coons at AC Machine, 303.790.4858 and talk to him about it. He will get it set right for you....Just my experience....Dan Thome (Trap2)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

krieghoff double release kit