1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Double Release Trigger Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jon Reitz, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

A good friend allowed me to shoot a round of doubles with his K80 with a double release trigger last night. (Thanks for the privilege RBur). I'm wondering what those of out there you shooting O/U's with a double release for sporting clays & skeet (yeah, I know...) think of that? Pros, cons, etc.

2. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

If you are going to shoot a release. The double release is the only way to go.
    I tried a release pull and hated it. Still had a flinch problem. Once I got used to the double (only took a short time) I have really enjoyed a release. Today if I could shoot a pull I believe I would still prefer the release. - Jim Elliott

3. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

What about using a double release trigger setup for sporting clays & skeet? What are everyone's thoughts/experiences with that?

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I shoot a double release trigger in sporting clays and skeet all the time. No problems whatsoever.

Pat, I don't know why you think release triggers are prohibited in FITASC, because that is incorrect. They are perfectly legal.

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Look at it this way if you shoot an automatic with a release you are shooting a double release.

You can't release and then pull the trigger for the second shot.

Dr.longshot

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Dr Longshot, that's exactly right. I've got release triggers in autoloaders and in O/U shotguns. Release trigger works just fine in autoloaders and, of course, they act just like a double release in an O/U.

I've also got a release trigger in a 870 pump gun, but that's too dang confusing for me to shoot anything but singles with it. I would never try to shoot doubles, skeet, or sporting clays with a pump gun with release trigger in it. I'm sure it could be done, but there's just too much involved with it for me to attempt it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

double release trigger

release pull trigger for doubles
shooting skeet with double triggers