1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Double release or single?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

What do you guys prefer and why?

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Double, because I flinch when I pull and would probably do that on the second target without a double release.

3. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

I prefer release/pull.

Ric C.

4. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

If you are considering a release trigger because you have a flinching problem, then why consider just fixing one-half of the problem? That makes no sense at all. If you can control when you flinch, then you don't have a flinching problem.

OTOH, if you are considering a release trigger because you think you might shoot better with one even though you don't have a flinching problem, then you'll have to get input from someone who doesn't have a flinching problem, and that leaves me out.

Easystreet

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Only to answer your specific question. Release/Pull. Quicker shot on 2nd bird.

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Here is a suggestion. If you are going to send the gun off to have one trigger converted to release, then have them both converted at the same time. Yes, it will cost a little more to do it this way initially, but it will be cheaper than having to send the gun off again to have the second trigger done.

Besides, it's easy to remove the release hook and shoot the gun as a release/pull. Then, if you should start flinching on the second shot, all you need to do is put that hook back on and you then have a double release. This is also an advantage ($$$) when you go to sell the gun because the new owner wouldn't have to send off his brand new (to him) gun and be without it for a month or so having the other trigger converted.

I know that whenever I'm in the market for another gun, if it already has release triggers, then I'm FAR more likely to buy it than if I have to buy it and then spend the money to have the triggers converted. It just saves a lot of hassle and inconvenience to not have to ship off a gun that you just bought and wait for it to be worked on. In addition, you don't have to worry that some gorilla who is handling the gun during shipment will bang up the gun and break the stock or bend the barrels into pretzel shape. This has happened far more times than you might realize.

Easystreet

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Double release for me. I believe release/pull triggers would be more accurately described as release/flinch triggers.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.