1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Double release for K80

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fly, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fly

fly Active Member

If you had a K80, who would you have do a double release? Krieghoff or Allems new Roller???

2. Cooter

Cooter Member

I would and did go to Krieghoff for mine.If they build it they will adjust or repair it no charge for life.Not so sure about Allems.

3. fritzi93

fritzi93 TS Member

Same here, Krieghoff Int'l at Ottsville did mine, no complaints.

Which is not to say others can't do a good job, but you can be certain it'll be properly done at Ottsville. Good luck.

4. Hank Cross

Hank Cross Member

Kreighoff tuned my K-80 double release as best thay could and were cooperative in every way. However, I have a partially crippled right arm and hand and need an unusually fast and stiff release. Allem did the the roller job on both trigggers that is just what I need. They, also, are a pleasure to work with.

Hank Cross

5. brownk80

brownk80 Member

Allem!!

Brownk80

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

What are the costs of each Vs reliability, and turn around times if repairs are needed. Are the rollers a Gimmick thing w/Allems? What is the true absolute reason for the roller release. If you got a lot of money to spend send them to Kemmerly thing is you will never be able to shoot your gun because it will be on the UPS trucks all the time. He will charge you every time he works on it.

If it were me I would stay with Kreighoff and their factory release triggers. they built the gun, they designed their triggers, and will set them up to your needs, and repairs are never a problem, both are located in Pa.

From what I saw the Roller release works on the same platform as Kreighoff Releases, Should never be a warranty problem w/Kreighoff.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. Seitz Shooter

Seitz Shooter Member

Krieghoff

Adios, Dirk

8. mulls427

mulls427 Member

Kreighoff for sure! Neither Allem nor Ottsville will work on other than their own installed releases. I have run into this with each vendor. Take care,Mike

9. fly

fly Active Member

I'm going to be receiving some Krieghoff release trigger parts soon from a TS member. However, when I called Krieghoff in Ottsville and Alamo, they will not give me a price to install. In fact, they say the parts may not work.I guess I would have thought that the majority of the parts would fit, and some minor tuning would be required. Has anyone ever run across this? Are they just trying to get $1000.00 for the dbl release, because when asked about the breakdown between parts and labor, they won't tell me.

Thanks, Phil

10. Cooter

Cooter Member

Why fool around with missed matched parts?Send it to ottsville,get it done right and then work on your shooting.

11. fly

fly Active Member

What do you mean by miss matched parts. These Krieghoff's are precision machined receivers, and I would expect the parts that come from Krieghoff to be the same. Wouldn't you think that the parts for a K-80, would fit a different K-80, other than the fine tuning/fitting?

12. Cooter

Cooter Member

You heard Kriegoff and Alamo,they are not interested in doing it that way.If you want to save real bucks ,install them yourself.

13. RickdM

RickdM TS Member

I just sold a K-80, before selling it I had Kreighoff convert the releases back to pull triggers. They gave me the old parts, but they were marked with the serial number of my gun and both Kreighoff and Robert Paxton (who sold my gun) told me that Kreighoff would not fit them to another gun. I just gave the parts to the new buyer in case he ever wants to convert it back.

rickdm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.