1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Double D shooting Clinic, Buffalo, MN.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Primedust, May 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Double D shooting clinic is over.

Dennis and Dean just finished two days of an intense workshop for 10 shooters in Buffalo, MN. All were very satisfied with the results. I personally had my guns tweaked for even greater accuracy and the handicaps which I dreaded are now "locked on" and I look forward to the next shoot.

We had two days of singles, doubles and handicaps shooting after having 1/2 day of gun site in and patterning. These guys know there stuff. No hard sell, no you got to do it this way! None of that stuff. They tweak your style, show you options, work with your body and your physic and just plain get the job done!!!! There style and technique are fantastic. Last year they propelled me into great singles, this year, I believe I will be elevated into handicaps as well! Even with my bad eyes, I was able to crush targets with ease with just a "little foot move there, head move here" and some readjustment on my gun. I highly recommend the course from these two gentlemen.

Sally, (my wife) Colm (my son) and Myself are very satisfied and cannot speak highly enough of their course. If you have any questions at all feel free to private email me.

These two fine gentlemen even stayed over and will help teach and instruct our Aim Class on Tuesday evening! Doesn't get better than that does it! Cost? Nadda! Thank you Dean and Dennis!

Primedust and CalamitySJ
    Level II NRA coachs
    Buffalo Gun Club
    Buffalo, MN.

2. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Coach,

What a fantastic weekend! I learned so much again this year and can't wait to put it into action this weekend. I'm jealous of Baby Boy because he's playing again today and we're stuck working to pay for the 66 rounds we shot this weekend. Shouldn't 17 year olds have a job outside of school?

Here's some pictures of the clinic. I had to throw the one in where I'm consoling you for a missed target--I do believe I beat you in the final fun shoot!

CalamitySJ

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"You were in front of that one, Coach"--YES, Dean, I KNOW! It's NEVER in front!

3. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

CalamitySJ,

You know darn well you pushed me just as I shot! I was lucky to miss our mascot, the wood chuck, when you did that.

Some girls will do anything to get ahead!

Primedust.

How much did you pay the taker of that picture, must be photo shopped!

4. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

To the folks at BGC that put on the D & D Clinic, just a BIG THANKS...

I did not know what really to expect but I learned way more than I thought possible for an old F _ _ t like me. Dean got my shotgun way more on center than I thought possible. Can I hit then 16's and handicap targets, yup
    and boy am I ever happy with the what I learned on the doubles.

I love them doubles, now I just need get out there and shoot'em and practice what Dennis and Dean taught me. They are both outstanding instructors
    and you are NEVER to old a dog to learn a new trick or two.

Dennis and Dean were thought full in all respects and gave each shooter
    as much help as they possibly could.

Would I recommed D & D Shooting Clinic, YES. Will I take this Clinic again,
    Yes. Dennis and Dean are great guys and instructors...

I stopped back out at BGC today to ask Dean or Dennis a question
    I stil had on shooting the 16s, no problem... Dennis answered my question..
    Got my answer and I am happy trap shooter.

Again, Thanks to BGC

Lew D. Boyko

5. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Hi Calamity,

How can I get a good copy of the first picture with me in it,
    but with Dennis having a pair of shoes on.

Thanks

Birddog

6. Keith Koosman

Keith Koosman TS Member

I want to thank Dean & Dennis for a great weekend. I can't wait to go out and practice what I learned from them. I would recommend the D & D Clinic to everyone whether you're a novice or been shooting forever.

Thanks to all of my "playmates" this weekend you also made it a very enjoyable experience. There was no complaining or whining when Dean or Dennis (or if you were lucky enough to be picked on by both)stopped the line to explain or tweek a gun.

Finally thanks to Sally and Mark for feeding us and to my husband for loading traps, running for parts, modifying guns and supporting me.

Just another great weekend at "The Best Gun Club in the U.S." Buffalo, MN!

7. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

I had the pleasure of taking this clinic last year at Buffalo, these two gentleman are not only great people but they are very crafted in there sport.
    You get the best of both worlds with Dean and Dennis, both very talented shooters (I think Dean is alittle better shoot, sorry Dennis) but Dennis is a better stock fitter.( sorry Dean)

I had the great pleasure of spending Monday afternoon with these two fine people at the trap range. I had blast with all the story telling as well as the great info.

Have a great trip home and we will see you next year for sure.

Kooz

8. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Hey Kooz,

It is Wednesday Morning and the "dynamic duo" is on their way to Iowa for another clinic. They are leaving this morning. Last evening, they stayed and worked with our Aim Program at Buffalo Gun Club (MN.) FREE of charge. They helped our youth with their shooting and sighting ability, target aquisition, completion of a shot and proper mounting of a gun each time. All for free and we spent over 3 hours with a group of 35 youths. (got a little dark).

Dennis and Dean really know their stuff! Got 3 of the kids to shoot with both eyes open along the way. All in All another great trip for them here in Minnesota. (Gods Country) What can you say about the weather? Fantastic! 70 degrees at 9:30 pm in MN. in May, what is that all about?

We took it!

Thank you Dennis and Dean, travel safe, and until next time Shoot well!

Mark and Sally Stevens
    Buffalo Gun Club

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Both of these guys know shotguns and the game as well as how they must fit to shoot good scores! Both can stand behind the line and analyze shooters fit and faults to a "T"! I hope to round up a clinic so we can get these guys here to Tucson one of these days! We have plenty of shooters needing instruction also but a lot of my way only shooters too.

Hap

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Dennis needs to sell more stocks,,,,needs some new shoes...:D :D

Hope to get into one in the near future....

11. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

I hope these two fine gents come back next year because I already have a few shooters signed up.

I would also like to thank these guys for spending time with the youth at Buffalo for no charge, it tells you how commeted they are to the great sport of trap shooting. Thanks Dennis and Dean

Travel safe.

Kooz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.