1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dorner takedown

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by scooterbum, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

The jackboots seem to prefer teargas and fire.

Just like Waco.

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

So you wanted them to have him out for coffee and donuts ?

Waco there were innocent people- in fact they all were innocent except a couple- and that whole first shooting scenario wasnt what this was about-- it should have been considered a hostage situation but once again we let a person in charge with no operational experience- Janet Reno make a call

The two situations have not one thing in common

Regards from Iowa

Gene

3. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Damn,I agree with Gene.I am no big fan of LEOs and they surely screwed this up yesterday but to have any sympathy for this scum bag is flat wrong.

Darr

4. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

Who cares how he died . He deserved to die a slow painfull death. The truth be known he probably shot himself. One less criminal we have to feed cloth,and support.

5. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

Mr Moped, I'm not quite understanding your position here. First off, I'm one of those jackboot LEO's. Second, I'm also a SWAT Officer with a medium sized municipality. The SWAT Officers surrounded the location he was in. Negotiations took place, even after multiple shots were exchanged. Chemical Agents were introduced. Now I wasn't there, mind you, but I would bet the chemical agents were not labeled "incindiary". What's to say Doren didn't purposely light items on fire himself? Other than the fire, this situation doesn't mirror Waco in the least bit.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

fast gun,

I agree 100%. It couldn't have been slow or painful enough. The stupid bastard killed innocent people as a part of his temper tantrum for losing his job. People lose their jobs everyday and don't kill innocent people as a result. He deserved whatever he got and likely much worse. Good riddance.

7. Papineau

Papineau TS Member

I have several LEO's in the family and generally give them the benefit of the doubt. Having said that I have no doubt that LAPD wanted Dorner DOA. I'm not justifying anything he did, not even close to it. However, if the victims were not LEO's or LEO family members Dorner would have been captured, and of that I also have no doubt.

Waco? That was my first thought too. They could have waited him out. They could have had night vision equipment to insure their safety at night. I watched the live feed from Waco that day too, it was Deja Vu all over again. I've got no problem shooting the shit out of the house after he fired the first shot, but setting it on fire? The natural reaction to fire is to pull away, not draw to it. Dorner most likely bit the bullet, as per the encouragement from LAPD.

Now there's only one story to tell.

Do two wrongs make it right?
    Pap

8. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I seen posts on facebook and on some news sites that supported this psychopath, one of which mentioned that "dirty cops" were the target of his rage. That, true or not, does not justify his murderous rampage. To give his mission credence is morally repugnant.

Ron Burr

9. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Not saying killing Is justified at all. From what was on CNN this morning, Mr Dorner tried to turn in a fellow officer for something. He went thru the proper channels, but guess who investigates his complaint? LAPD -->DUH! As a result he gets fired (I think it was in 2008) and that is why he had so many backers. Some even twitted him as being a Hero for standing up for his beliefs.

10. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

Most of us in our lives have suffered some kind of unwarranted punishment (for lack of a better word). But do we kill innocents because of it? Hell no. Whether Dorner told the truth or not. to kill someone is no justification. He was a wacko killer and deserved to die..too bad it wasn't sooner. ed nichols

11. Sonny98

Sonny98 Active Member

I dont think this post was about what Dorner did. Defiantely terrible. Definately needed to be brought to justice. This post is about what Law enforcement did and how they did it. Just like Waco. Seems to me the last thing they wanted was Dorner alive and testifying later. Seeing way too much of this stuff lately. Is that what we as a society want from officers?

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Dorner got what he deserved. Those deputies were being shot at with a .50 cal Barrett.

On the other hand the officers involved shooting at the two ladies carrying newspapers and the other one that slips my mind right now should be punished for their trigger happy actions.

13. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Dorner was a stone cold killer who deserves no sympathy. Shooting tear gas into the cabin was a totally reasonable tactic given he had already engaged in a shootout with fish and game officers, killed one and wounded another deputy and had been shooting at law enforcement officers outside the cabin. Night was approaching increasing the danger of having an active shooter who stated he wouldn't be taken alive barricaded inside a cabin. Under cover of darkness the chance of his coming out of the cabin to ambush officers or take a hostage would be greatly increased. I find no fault with the way it was handled at the Bear Lake location nor would I second guess their actions. These were sheriff deputies with no reason to be concerned about Dorner testifying or not regarding what happened with the LAPD.

14. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Is he guilty or not? I have no idea. Nor will we ever really know. As far as I am concerned, anyone can post up something (like his manifesto) and say that someone else did it, kill a couple of people and say that someone else did it. I thought right from the get to that he would not be alive at the end of this. Hard to question a dead man. We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

If he did do all this, fine, he got what he deserved. I just don't know that someone that just ties up the last two people that he saw instead of killing them is the stone cold killer he is made out to be. Seems to me that if he was, he would just have capped the two he left tied up, you know, the ones that called police and told them about the person that just tied them up.

If he was guilty, so be it, he deserved it. Isn't almost 5 years a long time before doing something about being fired?

15. Sonny98

Sonny98 Active Member

So the guy was a scumbag so some government official with a badge has the right and obligation to fill the place with gas, so it looks lika an accident (Waco) and blow the hell out of him? Thats what we have courts for and a system of justice. Sounds like they weren't 100% sure it was him. Might of been some home owner trying to protect his property and life from armed intruders like the guy on Ruby Ridge. What about the LAPD shooting up two pickups thinking it was him? Shoot first and ask questions later? I would've hated to of been in one of those trucks. Or God forbid my wife or kid. Might as well do away with all pretense and send the Drones over. Just blow the hell out of it all because we said so. What are you thinking? This is really how you want our government acting? It's getting tougher and tougher to tell the good guys from the bad.

16. Pump4Smoke

Pump4Smoke Member

To compare this to Waco is a joke. Dorner wasn't some guy who they tried to pick up on some warrant. He was a fleeing felon, who just days ago, and just moments ago murdered victims. He knew how he could have safely surrendered and he chose not to. The "rules" for dealing with Dorner in this situation are very clear.

Waco on the other hand was a total cluster F.

Waiting him out would have turned into a total fiasco

17. grntitan

It's fairly easy to tell who the bleeding heart Libs are on this thread.

18. Sonny98

Sonny98 Active Member

LOL that's really funny. First time in my life I've ever been called a lib Isn't it the Dems that are wanting to be able to kill Americans on American soil with Drones? LOL. Isn't it the libs that want to bypass the rule of law and our own country's Constitution? LOL. And I'm the lib? LOL. This murderer was murdered by government employee's with badges. I'm really shocked that you guys are alright with that. Trust me. I am the farthest thing from a liberal. I believe in the rule of law. That an American citizen has the right to his day in court before a jury of his peers. Not death by fire at the hands of the government because they're pissed off or scared.

19. grntitan

Sonny,

Not when you are killing innocent people and actively engaging in a fire fight. You are also "assuming" the police started that fire. You have proof of that? You also know he had murdered a LEO just before the standoff? It was an active engagement. He got what he asked for.

I do find it amusing how you felt the need to respond to my previous post. Why did you feel it was referencing you?

20. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Gene....I disagree about the situation with Dorner and the Waco incident not having anything in common. The California incident involved a deranged person....Dorner....and the Waco incident involved a deranged person...Janet Reno.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.