1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

door locks

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by OldRemFan, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Try a long thin flat bladed screwdriver. Most bathrooms have that type of lock with the small hole on the outside of the door. They key that usually came with them looks something like the key off a can of corned beef.

2. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Jon, I would guess that you need a very small straight-blade screwdriver, insert it in the hole and "fish around" a little, see if you can find a spot where it settles in, and then twist. Ours originally came with a small L shaped key, but the screwdriver will work. The one we use is just a small promotional / advertising screwdriver like you see given away a lot of times.

3. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Sorry OldRemFan, I was typing while you were posting.

4. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

ohiomike: Might be the only two responses that agree with one another.

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

Use an awl or a short piece of straightened coat hanger. Put it in the hole and push. That should get you in. Consider my sign on name...

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

screwdriver or straighten out a metal coat hanger and use it. Anything about 4" long that will fit in that diameter hole. Mike.

7. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

I was going to say the samething as locdoc....only he didn't specify whether it was interior lock or exterior lock. Never seen an exterior that way....but we never had an Obamma until the last 4 years either.

Rick in MT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.