1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't worry, Feinstein & Bloomberg are on the case

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by johnhefley, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnhefley

johnhefley Member

Don

As a preface to this post, I should probably mention that like all of you, I'm utterly sickened by the shooting violence that took place this week in Oregon, Connecticut, and apparently a third somewhere else (I missed the details). I'm sickened by it on so many levels - as a law abiding citizen, a father, and as a gun owner and sportsman - to name a few.

Anyway, I flicked on "Meet the Press" this morning to witness the start of the Gun Ban Parade.

My wife was mystified why I would bother, and when the announcer came on saying Feinstein and Bloomberg were on, we both knew what was coming. It's worth checking out this episode if you can view it online. Anti-gun forces have begun to marshal their troops for quite sweeping anti-gun legislation.

I won't bother with predictions about how far the gun banners will make it this time. But I WILL note that they're determined. Feinstein referred to a bill that was basically ready for introduction on the floor of the Senate, and indicated that it had been in the works for years.

With the regularity of occurrence of shootings like the one in Connecticut, I can only imagine that the gun banners made a decision to await introduction of sweeping gun ban legislation until after the next (inevitable) tragedy. This way, there's a much greater likelihood of passage of much more draconian legislation. "Strike while the iron is hot", as they say, and make the most of the national grief over this tragedy.

I mentioned to my wife last night that I would happily have given up my firearms to save even one of these children's lives. However, I am a firm believer in the (now trite) saying that "Guns don't kill people. People kill people." If every gun owner in America gave up his/her firearms, this would not have been enough to keep the screws from coming loose inside the head of this very troubled young man.

We all know that politicians are notorious for placing a legislative band-aid on every social ill. The saying, "When you're a hammer, all the world's a nail" comes to mind.

But (and I know for the most part, I'm preaching to the choir here) there's no way to legislate against a human being who has become unhinged. And in fact, there's really no way to take away rights from someone who is only partially (or worse, without warning, about to become) unhinged.

We shooters and gun owners are all hanging by the very thin thread of a House of Representatives Republican majority. And upon closer inspection, that thread is even thinner than it appears when one considers the RINO's (Republican in Name Only) and the Republicans who are happy to make short-term political hay for themselves and their careers at the expense of our Second Amendment Rights.

Bracing for the inevitable criminalization of my favorite recreational activity...
    jh

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Criminalization of your activity? More accurately, YOU are being branded a criminal.

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

Never let a good crisis go to waste.

4. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Yeah and a complete media blackout on the Portland mall shooting. The shooter was stopped by a concealed pistol license holder. Drew down on him and the coward shot himself.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BuLgO4wo4xI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How about Feinstein answer that? B!tch !!!

Jerbear

5. Coyote 270

Coyote 270 Member

The Battle among friends has started again. Already had a conversation with a friend of the last 40 years about the
    Evil Assault Weapons involved in the Conn school shooting. I explained that the "Evil Assault Weapon" had been left in the trunk of the car. "Oh, he said (living in Vancouver Wash evidently that was not explained). "Anyway, he says, no one needs those Full Auto guns." I take the time to tell him that they are semi-auto, but that doesnt matter. I then tell him that I have 5 of those "Evil Assault Weapons" that we shoot and I have yet to kill anyone, and are you going to tell me I can not have them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.