1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't want to cut the stock

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OhioGal, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Don

I recently purchased an older BT99 for a back up, I love the gun, however it's a regular Browning stock with a gracoil recoil reduction added onto it. My first thought was to cut the stock, but when I placed up to my gun, I shoot with, the cut would go into the comb.

I am looking for some suggestions, change stock? I shoot with a golden clay that has the adjustable comb and gracoil. About a14" Lop.
    Thanks
    Deb

2. jwebster

jwebster Member

Deb take gray coil off and put pad back on if to short thicker pad. did this on three bt99. jer

3. Mike

Mike Member

I have a Wenig semi finished stock (no fore end) for a old style BT 99. I bought it years ago, havn't done any thing with it. If interested let me know, Mik

4. avodilko

avodilko TS Member

mik,i'd be interested in same is it the long tang type,let me know what yoy want for same an location . andy

5. Mike

Mike Member

Avodilko, Ohiogal has first dibs, if she still wants it, her second thread re this topic seeks advice, Mik

6. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Deb it does not hurt to have the rear of the cob cut off, it is done all the time, do what you have to do to get it to shoot for you.

If it don't fit it won't hit.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

7. Mike

Mike Member

8. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Mik price wise it's the way to go waiting on pics and dimensions, sent email addy I think.
    Deb

9. Mike

Mike Member

Ohiogal, Waiting on your email address, Mik

10. open choke

open choke TS Member

Browning really needs to stop making adjustable combs. They make them too long and it would look like crap if you cut into it for a shorter LOP.

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've not looked at a BT99 stock, so I don't know if this applies or not. Just tossing it out.

On an 1187 20ga that needed a very short stock, in addition to shortening the butt end, I recut the FRONT of the stock where it meets the receiver, moving the tenon back. This also moved the grip closer to the trigger, perfect for small hands (youth) but maybe not for an adult.

12. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

you need to get over not wanting to cut the wood. If you plan on keeping it get it to fit you.

13. OhioGal

OhioGal Member

Thanks for all the comments, going for a different stock on the gun and it will not need cut then.

Mil email sent on private fingers crossed!!!
    Deb

14. Mike

Mike Member

Ohiogal the email you gave me is not working, Mik
    [​IMG]

15 3/4in tip to tip approx 14 1/8in LOP without pad
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.