1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't use Google...

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by recurvyarcher, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Don

I've been telling people for a while now not to use Google, mostly because it tracks what you click on in your searches in order to tailor you search experience (that can undermine a subsequent search if you are looking for something different than your normal searches). Here is another reason to use a different search engine: Google prioritizes liberal websites over conservative ones. Although this article is about Facebook, you will find a little bit on Google on the 2nd page. I use the "All the Internet" search engine.

2. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

And Hollywood pushes liberal agenda...what a shocker. LOL! The book should be good, though. I'm looking foward to the videos. No longer will they be able to deny it.

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Page was cancelled Devi.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Dangit Devi. My email is thru them and all kinds of other stuff. Now i'm gonna have to do some major revamping. I didn't know all this stuff.

5. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Very few search engines or social sites are NOT liberal. Surprised? Apple is one of the worst, but there aren't many alternatives that aren't biased. Google has been tracking you as long as they've been public, or longer. There are ways to keep your privacy and confound their efforts.

6. tad houston

tad houston TS Member

Been using Scroogle for years now just for this reason.

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

"I've been telling people for a while now not to use Google, mostly because it tracks what you click on in your searches in order to tailor you search experience (that can undermine a subsequent search if you are looking for something different than your normal searches)."

Another case of the tin foil hat. What's next, halfmile popping up on this thread and claiming the Jews control the internet and are dictating what we see and read on the web? LOL

"Here is another reason to use a different search engine: Google prioritizes liberal websites over conservative ones."

And for someone who is suppose to be knowledgeable about the cyber domain, you sure don't know a whole lot on how a search engine runs or how Google works. There does not exist some liberal politico hack at Google, manipulating the search queries so that only liberal websites pop-up first and foremost. Go get yourself educated on how a search engine works. Here are some good references to start with:

http://infolab.stanford.edu/~backrub/google.html

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/02/ff_google_algorithm/

8. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

I like Google. It supplies me with info that I find useful. HMB

9. rd

rd TS Member

And their gmail works a LOT better than Yahoo.

10. leadvail

leadvail Member

They are really from outer of space and are going to eat us! The googlelites.

I notice I am followed to and from work now.There are always cars behind me. When I go out, I look at people, they look away. I know they know about the ton of lead and 40k primers in my barn. They are googligans out to get me. They are also watching us through our pC and TV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.