1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DON'T UPDATE YOUR TS.COM ACCOUNT

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by trapwife, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

DON

In spite of David's best effort to warn us all about hackers, I "updated" my TS.com account and opened the door to a crook. In my own defense, my computer is about to die on me and lately it won't retain pass words, histories, etc. so when the request to update showed up, it didn't surprise me and I fell for the scheme. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a very basic computer user so I don't understand all there is to know about hacking into someone's account. I never realized how violated it makes me feel to have been a part of someone's evil plan.

2. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Ouch. Makes you wonder if there's a way to fight back.

3. trapwife

I'm working on that....he may have picked on the wrong woman. I have lots of friends in lots of places, who have lots of talents.

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Don't put yourself down, everyone gets hacked at one point or another, my Yahoo accounts get hacked fairly regular. My Ebay account was hacked once....just contact the site's tech support as soon as you find out, my Yahoo emails went out as I was trying to sell Viragra (Ha)....change your passwords often, and don't keep them on your pc..get a good anti-virus program such as Kaspersky, or Norton.....LarryB

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

About a month ago, I opened a deal up, and before I knew it, my computer had this virus, and it messed everything up. Had to take the tower in and get it cleaned up. Cost $108. I don't use Internet Explorer any more. I now use Firefox. Be careful of what you open. Charlie

6. bubbasdad92

bubbasdad92 Member

It is a common attack to masquerade as a known site and induce victims to reveal confidential information. Wikipedia has a prety good entry on "phishing" - see the link above.

As a rule of thumb, figure any time you get a request to "verify", "confirm" or otherwise provide any kind of private information, it is not legitimate - no matter how authentic the message appears.

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Boys and girls, if I do not request it, I do not open anything that I do not recognize, ever.

8. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I had a hacker download a virus to my computer once by sending it through my wireless computer system in my house. He was driving by and tried to download it and my wife was on her work laptop at the time and the laptop virus detection intercepted the virus. I have since required and password to get onto my wireless.

9. trapwife

Got another email today asking me to "update" my TS.com account....they just won't give up.

10. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Did you tell your friends again?

Had a guy at work chase down a spammer before he got a job after college. Interesting story, but the spammer just started over and the thrill went away for my co-worker. You'd have to find a way to keep their success ratio way low until they quit...

11. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update....wouldn't you just LOVE to find one of these scumbag rat bastard hackers and give 'em some frontier justice?

Ron Burr

12. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Don't feel bad, Karla. I fell for it last week.

Gene in Illinois

13. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Karla:
    Sorry to hear what happened. This same thing has happened to my mother's computer too. If these creeps can hack into the governments computers I don't see much hope for the rest of us.

Some how some way the government needs to bring these scum bags to justice. My bp is rising as I type this, so I better end it now.
    take care,
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

14. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

What do they do? Do they extract your personal info out of your computer

15. trapwife

I was dumb enough to reply to an email (not through TS.com) to "update" my TS.com sign-on name and password. In my own defense, my computer has been having issues and won't retain passwords, so I replied. BAD IDEA. The hacker took my info and took over my TS.com account. He tried to sell a gun while pretending to be me. He used my sign-on name but slightly altered the email address for folks to respond to. I am not the only one. I want to find this person! If anyone has been unable to log in to TS.com that is a clue that you have been hacked. Contact the website at the email link at the bottom of the threads list. If anyone has any details on being hacked, please contact me.
    Karla Harrison

16. jwells

jwells Member

so what is the penalty for sending viruses around the world and doing millions of dollars in damage? do they ever catch and prosecute them? I guess our government is to busy worried about fast and furious or getting the middle east out of the stone age. I think we just pay the hundred dollars, fix our computers rather than demand action from our congressman

17. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Karla...I saw on one of your posts that you were including your email, something that David warns us against. Sorry I didn't say something now. Bill in MI

18. trapwife

Bill, we run our clinic business over the internet and putting our email address out there is necessary, besides, our address is posted so many other places that this won't matter. What hurt was when I gave out my password, dumb, dumber, dumbest!
    This hacker is still working to scam shooters, so beware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.