1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't open the link associated with this thread:

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 682b, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682b

682b Member

Palin will be 1st woman President? (Pic w/AR15) The link has a virus in it.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    And what makes you believe that?

3. 682b

682b Member

Brian, after clicked on the link and then tried to close it it would not close. Then the link keep opening up page after page. Maybe several hundred befor I could shut my provider down. Perhaps I used the wrong term (virus) but something is not right. It was like a pop up on steriodes. JIM

4. chessney

chessney TS Member

This is just the start. This country will have a virus if she and McGoof gets in!!!!Ziggy

5. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Bigboy, sounds like the AntiSpywareMaster bug that is going around. It WILL NOT let you delete it. I had to google the antispywaremaster name and find a free down load to get rid of it.

BTW, that bugger latched on to me when I hit on one of the links to some info I was looking for on Dan Orlich.

Aj100

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Your computer is probably infected, not the particular website you are visiting. The website probably has code that trips the virus on your computer, but does not have the virus itself.<br>
    <br>
    What are you running for anti-virus software, is it currently updated, and is your firewall turned on?

7. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

Anti Virus wont stop it. I had it about a week ago on my laptop at home. Go to www.malwarebytes.org and d/l their free software. Worked on mine and also a friends computer with the same trojan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.