1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't open if you are a squeamish, timid Fudd

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Feb 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Gotta love the Swiss. The only nation that does our Founding Fathers concept of militia service one better. And they're not squeamish about "black guns" either.

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Brian--I saw a video which i believe was posted here one time about the Swiss and there guns. I believe the men are required to serve a small stint in the Military and then take their weapon home. They then are part of a larger Reserve Military where they are summoned to practice often.

Matt

3. BMC

BMC Member

Looks like this Swiss tradition could end if the voters say so.

http://worldradio.ch/wrs/news/switzerland/gun-law-vote-seen-as-test-of-citizen-soldier-myth.shtml?22985

4. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I bet that there aren't many home invasions in Swiss country. Crime rate very low, murder rate very very low. Why doesn't mayor dumbburg and shummer understand that me and my gun are the solution not the problem.

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Not to be racist, but is the guns or their homogeneous population that's the main reason for their low crime rate? They are one of the few countries that has maintained a very strict policy on immigration - very few blacks, muslims, or other third world types. If you don't have much poverty, and pretty much everyone has a similar heritage, there isn't much crime.

A similar situation can be seen with Japan, which has very strict gun laws but not much crime. Again, they're not very welcoming to third world immigrants.

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

You don't have to be politically correct and back pedaling if you know what is right and wrong. I admire the Swiss. It does not matter where you look in the world, the pampering of people from failed civilizations has destroyed the way of life for those who built the country. I do not think the Swiss pamper any non productive citizens.

7. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...Awesome!

8. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Great post Brian, I really love the last photo..............Pete

9. neofight

neofight TS Member

I read recently where the Swiss require all citizens between 18 and 45 to own a gun, take safety courses, etc. They are not required to buy any particular gun, just one that fits them and their needs. I'll try to find the article.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

The only sad picture there is when they were scheduling those obsolete 7.5mm schmitt-Rubin rifles to be destroyed. I was always fascinated by the straight pull rotary bolt action.

11. Duck Head

Duck Head TS Member

I'd like the Gang Bangers to take shooting classes so that they can hit their targets (each other) instead of innocent bystanders.They'd be eliminated by attrition instead of the "law" which is corrupt anyway.

12. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Comparing the Americans to the Swiss is akin to comparing South Central to the Hampton's.

The anti-black rifle phobia is more to do with the ones screaming the loudest about an attitude, that for the most part does not exist.

The loudest whiners are keeping this issue alive with their constant throwing fire on everyone, even themselves.

I have every type of firearm available,,,,,,thats right even black guns,,,,,my favorite.......a single shot bolt action custom. It will do with one shot at 1000 yds what a whole hi-cap will not do, in a ditch bank shooter.

The black gun troubles are directly related to their own ability to draw negative attention to themselves........They remind me of the Buddhist Monks back in the 70's that would set themselves on fire......the only thing they proved was they would die just like any normal person would.

If and when the black gun whiners were to become as responsible as the majority of the Swiss are.........then and only then would they be credible.

There needs to be a big attitude change with the black gun/hi-cap crowd....

I for one am growing tired of being called anti anything.

13. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Those 7.5 Swiss Schmitt-Rubin's weren't destroyed, they were imported to America. I think you can still buy one at a local chain sporting goods store. Ammo is real expensive.

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Good post 221.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.