1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

don't mess with the Canadians

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by birdtracker, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

well this is proof that some of them might be alittle on the crazy side. Has anyone heard anything outa Barb lately!!! Don

2. JRW

JRW Member

That has the look of Barb's touch. Don't ask her on a straight Tequila day. LOL Jerry in MI.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Wierd. Going ot jail for a couple of years rather that looking fo r new job. He had obviously earned the dismissal. And now he never works again in hvy eqpt.

4. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Oh yeah, the Canadians....the ones who let themselves become legislated out of owning most firearms, who now tax us Staties who want to come up and hunt there with outrageous fees to bring our "registered" guns in and out and drop a couple grand while there.....what to say.

Went up in July to fish. Had to pay a fee to bring an extra case of beer in, then two of our group were subjected to an inquisition about DUIs ten years before and made to pay a $250 "temporary" citizenship fee to be allowed up to buy/fish/enjoy the Canadian experience. Then, if they wanted a pack of cigs, it cost them $10 per pack.

Beautiful country. Opressive government. Hope Barry doesn't look north for ideas.

5. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Look north for ideas. Get a grip before he is done they will be taking lessons from him.

Bob Lawless

6. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Canada=Commie Pinko country if there ever was one!! Hate our asses to hell and gone but love our money for sure. Eh!

7. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

If it wasn't for Canada where would you guy's film your hunting shows? "EH"

8. white rattler

white rattler Member

Bill Haskins, It sounds like your the first love of your short life got long cocked by a Canadian. Get over it. Your days as you now them are some coming to a end. With a smaller piece of the pie. You to will learn to share. Trevor Dawe.

9. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Bill Haskins... What an uninformed post. Canadians don't hate the American people. What we don't like is your Governments Foreign policy and rightfully so. Savage99fan We have to go through the same red tape when we go to the States. Ever since 9/11 paranoia runs rampant.

10. Savage99Stan

Savage99Stan Active Member

Thanks Danny. Appreciate the input. Hope you got back home as easily as we did. Took all of five minutes to come back into the states versus an hour and a half to get into Canada. Great fishing. Nice people. Just a pain at the border.

11. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Savage99fan- I have found that the border is hit and miss. Sometimes you just sail through and others you just wade in Bureaucracy. That goes for both sides of the Border. What bothers me most is Custom agents who don't the law.

12. ivanhoe

Danny56

"What an uninformed post. Canadians don't hate the American people. What we don't like is your Governments Foreign policy and rightfully so."

I don't think it is rightfully so. As a matter of fact I don't think it is any of Canada's business What our foreign policy is as long as the policy isn't directed at Canada.

Bob Lawless

13. white rattler

white rattler Member

Bob, U.S.A. foreign policy runs the so called free world. It has not got a very good track record. Trevor Dawe.

14. ivanhoe

white rattler I don't live in a bubble and am quite aware of U.S.A. foreign policies track record.

Yet when the liberal Canadian government chooses to ignore long established extradition agreements because the state that is trying to extradite a fugitive from a capital crime has a death penalty in place their government say no we won't send them back.

Those policies are fine because their government feels that they have the right to tell those states that have established penalties for a person who commits a capital crime shouldn't get what is coming to them.

Yet our foreign policies bother them well gee thats to bad ain't it. BTW Mr. Dawe last time I checked I was still entitled to my opinion thank you.

Bob Lawless

15. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Ivanhoe, I think you have just explained it in a nutshell why the rest of the world dislikes America. Quote "I don't think it's any of Canada's buisness what our foreign policy is" America does'nt seem to give a crap about anyone else but themselves. Have you found any WMD's lately. It's attitudes like yours that stop me from frequenting the States as much as I used to. One good thing is that not all Americans think like you. And I look forward to meeting some of them in Stateside Tournments this year.

16. white rattler

white rattler Member

Bob, I never Questioned your opinion. The Liberal government that you talk about has not been in power for at least five years. Who are you talking of that the Canadian Government will not send back to face the death penalty? Trevor Dawe.

17. ivanhoe

Bill Haskins

"Hate our asses to hell and gone but love our money for sure. Eh!"

Danny56

"What an uninformed post. Canadians don't hate the American people."

Danny56

"I think you have just explained it in a nutshell why the rest of the world dislikes America."

"America does'nt seem to give a crap about anyone else but themselves."

Bill say people in your country hate us. You say no way and site politics as the reason for the disrespect that I and others that will admit it have.

I say our politics doesn't concern Canadians. You come back and elaborate on not how Canada dislikes America along with the rest of the world. you go on to say in a nut shell that it our fault because we don't give a crap.

Tell me if you really do hate us(hate certainly qualifies under the heading of dislike)Why say that you don't in the first place?

I think this quote kind of says why you are seeing the attitude you dislike.

"Have you found any WMD's lately." So tell me the WMD statement affected Canada how? Were your people supposedly lied to? Was your country forced into a war by any of The US's foreign policies?

When the US voted to go to war with Iraq the Canadians Booed the US National Anthem a sporting events. I don't believe that the Americans had ever done that to your National Anthem.

After all this is said and done I don't think our foreign policies are or should be Canada's business. Once again I will say I have a right to my opinion. If the Canadians don't like the way I or my fellow country men think or act it is strictly their own problem.

BTW they have a right to their opinion also. Doesn't that make it a moot point and isn't this going to cause mostly hard feelings?

Bob Lawless

18. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Ivanhoe. You should stop watching CNN. It will bring your scores down and your blood pressure up. :) I am also proud of our Government for staying out of Iraq. There have been a lot of Canadians dying in Afghanistan lately. Why does that not make the U.S. Press. We fought sxs in a lot of wars over the years. We are not the bad guys.

19. ivanhoe

Danny56 what does your last post have to do with your offensive statement about US foreign policy?

What does my last post have to do with CNN or my scores or blood pressure?

You made a wise ass remark that I am offended by and now you are looking to change the subject.

The funny part of it is if you had posted.

"What an uninformed post. Canadians don't hate the American people. What we don't like is your Governments Foreign policy"

I wouldn't have even have responded but you had to add " and rightfully so" if it is OUR foreign policy how is it RIGHTFULLY any of your business. Can you explain that to me.

Maybe you just prefer to say what ever you please about the US and then make up excuses instead of explain your remarks? So you don't like us and I don't like your saying so

Your opinion, my opinion can't you just leave it at that?

Bob Lawless

20. ivanhoe

white rattler

"Who are you talking of that the Canadian Government will not send back to face the death penalty?"

Trevor the Canadian government has refuse extradition on many cases of accused murders over the last 15 years. I don't have list in front of me They are not convicted murders but accused murders. The death penalty is the reason that the government above the border give for refusing to extradite.

These are capital crimes that the states that are seeking these fugitives have a right to seek judgment against. Yet Canada seem to think they have right to block that process. In their beliefs that the death penalty is not supposed to be an option.

So you feel that I am wrong in my belief that our business is none of theirs and you question my statements but not my opinion. Well Trevor I kind of though they were one in the same. But I guess according to you I am wrong so why not leave it alone.

Bob Lawless

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.