1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't let this happen to US!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Mac V, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mac V

Mac V Guest

2. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Yes read ALL about it with a "LIBERAL" twist with "FACTORS" reported by the Snopes bunch to cast doubt on the accuracy. SNOPES is run by a husband/wife who are VERY VERY anti-gun and VERY VERY liberal. They will total DISREGARD ANY story for any infraction (no matter how small) if the story even HINTS of a conservative message. In their so called "commentary" they made the statement that even if the figures WERE trully accurate, they have no bearing here in the U.S. because our gun laws are "different". Bull Crap! The story may not be 100% totally accurate in figures, but the fact remains that crime HAS increased as well as the death rate sin ce the great Aussie gun ban. Make no mistake "SNOPES"(and the people who run it) are NO Friend of the second ammendment! liberals are also very good(probably better) at twisting satistics. I am VERY sceptical on anything they report on!

3. slide action

In the first place I don't give a rats patute if you are "impressed " or not.I am making NO effort to "impress" you or anybody else. The simple fact is "Snopes' IS run by liberals. I do not LIKE liberals, and I certainly do not TRUST liberals~! Snopes has had a reputation for ignoring or discrediting any story that has a conservative overtone, if there is any hint of an infraction(no matter how small). In this case they accuse the writer of manipulating figures to bolster their point, and then turn around and do the same exact thing. At NO time do they dispute the numbers, they simplly imply is is caused by other "FACTORS" in order to discredit the story. I am always amazed that NO ONE questions Snopes, but simply accepts what they print as Gospel. The NRA has in the past reported Similar figures on the increase in crime in Austrialia, but then I'm sure you're liberal pals at the "all knowing snopes" would disregard their published word also.

4. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING POSTED!

Urban ledgend!

Ronbo

5. Mac V

Mac V Guest

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

How about this. Lets find the infamous Ed Chenel and ask him.

My money bets there is no police officer anywhere in Australia named Ed Chenel, and if there is, he didn't write this.

Snopes may be a liberal bunch (though I'm not totally convinced of that) but AT LEAST they try to verify the credibility of the BS that gets sent out all over the internet.

I'm no liberal gun banner, but lets treat this as what it is. Urban legend.

7. slide action

Notice that snopes NEVER claimed the man NEVER existed. (You can bet that if they were able to they WOULD DO JUST THAT). They never even claimed the figures he quoted were false. They simply went on a long B.S. session of how other "factors" were responsible for the numbers, and then tried to down play any threat of gun ownership here in America. Snopes IS run by liberals and they TRY to discredit anything conservative. I don't care if you are convinced of that or not. The crap they put out is ALWAYS liberal. Why don't you snope fans name ONE case that they debunked "anything" liberal. There are many on this site who simply drink any cool-aide that snopes put outs. The liberals don't like being criticrised and my bet is everbody who gets their panties in a wad if anyone DARES to question snopes is a LIBERAL! As I said before the NRA(which I consider creditable(although you liberals would not) has published similar figures, so why don't you liberal lovers tell THEM how wrong they are!

8. slide action

I also noticed MacV's post in which he says ask the Aussies. Interesting reading. The "information"?? Is published by gov. agencies that pushed the ban in the first place. They also admit that robberies are up 20%. Of course they say ARMED robbery(in which they mean GUN robberies not other weapons) are down. They also quote "GUN" suicides are down(note they don't say ALL sucides, JUST GUN ones). One more slight of hand "satistic" that is quoted is than Austrialia has "One-Fourth" the homoside of the U.S. Of course their Per capita murder rate is actually HIGHER than ours given the population, but the liberals would never let the truth get in the way of their anti gun agenda! The point here is either side can use figures and HALF truths to try and influence to their point of view. On the freedom of gun ownership issue, you are on ONE side or the OTHER. Several on here have proven you are on the OTHER SIDE. The Aussies got screwed and if we are not very careful and don't fight anti gun liberals at every turn(WE WILL GET THE SAME)!

9. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob TS Member

A load of Rubbish
    Ed Cheney does not sound like an Australian to me. We just doný have blokes named Ed in Australia. Ányway it is all out of date. The Australian Government introduced tougher Gun Laws in 1996 -1997 after a massacre at Port Athur in Tasmania [ a tourist / National Park ] in which 35 people were shot by a lunatic with a Military rifle
    We are all still shooting, but have sensible rules regards secure storage in the home, licensing and registration of firearms. We have compulsory notification by Medical professionals if someone is deemed to be mentaly ill, or if you have domestic Violence charges pending etc, you will have your firearms confiscated until you prove you are fit and proper person to have them back. We have tough fines and or jail time for possesion of an unregistered firearm, or possesion of a firearm without a firearms licence.
    The rate of firearms related deaths is steadily declining since the laws were introduced. That is all deaths by Firearms ie Murder, Suicide, Accidental deaths etc. Also theft of firearms has declined substiantly since store requirements were tightened.
    Any Australian Shooter can have a Police Officer knock on their door unanounced
    day or night requesting to see if your firearms are locked in a secure maner, your ammunition must also be locked in a container seperate for the firearm.
    All this Australian shooters are learning to live with.
    As for 'Ed Cheney' i think he is a urban legend. If the posting was from Davo, Johno, Mick, Bruce Macka Bazza then he could possible be Australian. Just like we don't have names like Chuck, Billybob, Johnboy, Randy etc
    Sidebob
    Australia

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Well Sideshow Bob,

This is the USA, and I, for one, don't want to live under that kind of nanny-State oppression.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.