1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't give up Trap!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by biff, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Don

When I sold my tournament grade Ljutic Centennial which I shot exclusively for 6 years I thought I would take up something easy, where I could sit down and still shoot some scores. Also you can use a rest for your gun plus put as powerful a scope as you can get this side of NASA and buy little 22 rimfire ammunition......sounds like Childs Play doesn't it? Well it's not that easy and can make a grown man cry and his piggy back not rattle or jingle! Oh sure, the rifles are priced about like Browning shotguns, but the ammo you have to use is about 20 to 30 cents a shot.....more tears and less jingle! No I'm not complaining, but just finding my level of competency!!

Here are a couple of my latest guests: a Winchester 52D and an Anschutz 1813 Supermatch both are tack drivers! Some pictures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Nice guns, Biff. Bill Malcolm

3. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Biff,

What did the one piece rest set you back? BIG $$$$?

Pat

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Biff,

Isn't the Anschutz 1813 the free rifle model with a fully adjustable thumbhole stock? The one in your picture looks like the 1811 prone rifle model. HMB

5. Redcobra

Redcobra Active Member

I went the other way, and haven't shot the first pic below since I got the second.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I am first a Trap Shooter. However, I do enjoy punching holes in paper at 200, 300, 500, 600, 800, and 1000 yards once in a while. I use a Savage "F' Class Model 12 in 6mm Norma with a Sightron 10X50X56 variable power scope. It's fun to see how good you are with a rifle and only one lead 105 gr pellet going down range. Hitting the centers of clay targets at 300 yards is fun. And hitting a clay target at 500 yards is a piece of cake.

7. Doug Kennedy

Doug Kennedy Active Member

Biff, do you have a March scope yet?

8. indycamster

indycamster Member

Great Photos...Who is your Photographer??? You still can shoot trap...anytime...
    CAM...

9. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

It is addictive isn't it Biff, something about making a 22 shoot. I have not given up Trap but have started messing around with 22's again, it is a lot of fun. Picked this Cooper up a couple months ago and have come close to matching the 50 yd factory test target, really think this rifle has a 5 shot 1 hole group in it if I do my part.

JohnR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.