1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't Fall Asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by puablo, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Don

Right now we have a bit of momentum on our side (pro gun ). Maybe with the horrendous incidents that have recently happened on the Texas campus (Stabbing of 14 people) and the Boston Marathon people who have been against guns will wake up and see that it isn't just the guns...

Don't think for a moment that we have won with the recent Senate vote! They will be back madder and badder than ever for our guns!!! Be prepared for a barrage of propaganda and smears against gun owners!

Shooting ranges and gun clubs would be smart to start offering community days where free clinics and shooting safety/instruction, maybe with prizes etc. to draw new people into our fraternity of law abiding gun owners. People who get the chance to see first hand that gun ownership isn't just for killing might just get the real picture.

Now is the time to organize and plot out strategy for grassroot policies to promote and encourage our shooting sports and gun ownership in our great country!

If you are a gun enthusiast, you need the NRA!!! There are no excuses!!!
    Clubs should make it mandatory that you are a member!!!

Continue to bombard your representatives with correspondence of your 2nd amendment concerns!!! Now is not the time to be apathetic!!!!

2. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Sending this back to the top as Jeff is very correct in everything he says here! If you are not an NRA member - JOIN! If you are - contribute what you can afford. I just upgraded to Patron.

3. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Yes more important than ever, it sucks the marathon bombing terrorists were naturalized U.S. Citizens. Guaranteed someone on the left is already working on a speech pointing out the fact that if guns, gun powder, etc. wasn't so easy to get a hold of...

The only organization that stopped the last attempted gun grab was the NRA! No other organization holds clout like the NRA. Politicians fear the NRA and take delight that gun owners split their resources amongst so many other little no name clubs.

4. magnumshot

magnumshot Active Member

I saw a senator from Texas state that all the calls he had were pro gun and he was voting for his constituents. People whom Toomey and McCain forgot about. The next time there is a vote like this, we all need to flood their offices with pro gun phone calls.

5. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Good post Jeff.

6. SBray

SBray Active Member

You are correct Jeff!

I understand why there is a lot of venting on ts.com. It makes us a little better, but actually, it won't change anything!

We need to be assertive, write, and call elected officials, including the ones that don't share our views. We have to let all of them know we are paying attention to what is going on. The gun haters have to hear from us. I know, many will say it is a waste of time, but I still believe if they think no one cares, they won't have anything to concern themselves about. Also, go to their web sites and register so that you can express intelligent views supporting the 2nd amendment. Those viewers are only hearing from people like Feinstein.

It doesn't do any good to write or call using profanity, name calling, or especially threats! Those kinds of communications only reinforce their beliefs that the gun lovers are crazy.

Keep the efforts going strong, and try to convince everyone you know to vote!

Take care,

Steve

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Lawsuits didn't stop this bill.

Lobbying and constituents' letters stopped this bill.

Remember this when deciding which organizations to financially support. All the GOA, SAF, CCRKBA lawsuits on Earth didn't stop this. NRA Congressional muscle stopped this, aided by millions of letters from you and me.

So whatever your childish beef with the NRA might be, get over it. They saved you from a Gun Registry (for a while anyway). The job of the NRA isn't to keep your mailbox empty (that's your job). The job of the NRA isn't to secure another 1968 machine gun amnesty (that ain't gonna happen). The job of the NRA isn't to support your favorite fundamentalist anti-abortion GOP primary candidate (that's your job). NRA is a single-issue organization whose purpose is to drown out the 548's of the world, make their opinion irrelevant, and prevent a gun registry.

They - combined with the voices and letters of millions of Americans like you and me - did that.

Keep the minority viewpoints of people like 548 where they belong - in the crapper. Support NRA and defeat gun registration. Once the jack-boots start setting up funding mechanisms and bureaucracies to track and enforce things like that, we're on the road to Britain - and the supporters of this don't see a darn thing wrong with that.

8. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

So true Buzz, I wore out my senators, but they were always pro 2nd, Cornyn and Cruz, and my rep Hall, they all returned with their message, but I will still keep doing it

9. Herb in Oregon

Herb in Oregon TS Member

It doesn't hurt to belong to as many local, state, and federal groups as you can afford ! It's now or never time !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.