1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Don't ask Don't Tell: Reid's vote

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by recurvyarcher, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Don

Dem. Sen. Henry Reid voted AGAINST repealing "Don't Ask Don't Tell". DON'T BE FOOLED! It was a procedural tactic. Under Senate rules, casting his vote with the majority of the Senate enables him to revive the bill at a later date.

2. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Correct, and it should not be viewed as anything but a device so that they can bring it up again on very short notice, whenever they think that they have the votes.

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The military is in the midst of studying the issue, but is not through yet.

Politicians have no business voting one way of the other on the issue until DOD finishes their findings.

Especially troublesome is the fact that the issue is tacked on to the FY11 Defense Budget legislation.

It's 22SEP10, and we still don't have a budget for the 01OCT10 start of FY11.

Don't Ask Don't Tell should be handled separately and with the full input of the military.

Guy Babin

4. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

I believe that all bills should be handled seperately. To many bills are held hostage by ammendments and ryders. Easy to see why the country's spending is out of control. Far too long has the vote been bought by addendums and ryders. As for gays in the military. They've always been there and always will. I say let them come out. If they have the willingness to serve then let them do it openly. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

5. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I think, like most people used to think before being brainwashed by political correctness, that homosexuality is a mental disorder. You shouldn't have soldiers with mental disorders in the military. Just a further erosion of our military with political correctness. We are going to lose in the Middle East. As a nation we are on our way out. Like all other great nations and empires, you rot from within then you fall from without. We have turned completely away from our Christian heritage. We are more like Sodom and Gomorrah. We know we are rotten, that is why we elected a president we all know wants to destroy this country and he is doing it. When you get rotten enough you long for your own destruction.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I agree with Chuck. A bill should stand on it's own. How attaching an unpopular bill to a vote for a popular or important bill, I'll never know. It's folly.

7. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

don't worry highflyer, I'm sure when the end comes you'll be raptured up to heaven, and you won't have to be around to see the horror when honorable and patriotic men and women are able to serve their country without their sexuality being an issue.

~Michael

8. VNVET

VNVET Member

Slick13,

That's an interesting username............How did you come up with that?

Jim

9. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Slick is an old knickname, 13 because it's supposedly bad luck. Not sure what my username has to do with the conversation....

~Michael

10. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

Hueys' were called slicks in Nam......Terry

11. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

When have the gays ever done ANYTHING that their sexuality WASN'T an issue? When have they ever done anything that THEY didn't MAKE their sexuality an issue?

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I dunno. Some of those lesbians are pretty rough. We should send a couple of battalions of them to Afghanistan and unleash them on the Taliban with PMS fury.

13. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Do lesbians have PMS? I figured their testosterone levels would be so high, that would go away!

Over the winter I listened to an hour long debate about don't ask don't tell on NPR, and several good points were made on both sides of the issue.... other countries have accepted openly gay people into their military with no negative effects on moral, effeciency, etc. A large portion of our military is administrative... the arguement about being stuck in fox hole with a gay person just doesn't hold water for a huge % of our armed forces. But, for special sections of our armed forced like the Seals, Special Forces, etc there's a certain amount of close proximity living, and there needs to be a high level of trust between the members of a team. So, for most of the military, don't ask don't tell needs to go away, and for certain small sections of the military it needs to remain. But to cling to the notion that gays can't and shouldn't openly serve, period, is foolish and quite honestly embarrasing. Embarrassing that a country that likes to bang it's chest about freedom would discriminate against those willing to serve it.

Funny thing that was brought up by one of the callers during the NPR show.... when she was in the Army during the 70s and 80s as a nurse, she went onto some sort of advanced nursing school (IIRC). She said ALL the instructors were lesbian, and half of her class mates were. Gays are ALREADY in your armed forces America. Right now they just have to live in fear of being seen out on the town, or with their signifigant other.

~Michael

14. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

I have worked with many homos, and know many more. With the big push for homosexuality in our culture it has become cool for young people to be homosexual and there are millions of them. I don't dislike them. I think they are sick in the head and immoral, but I don't dislike any of them and always got along with them. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that lesbians would be attracted to the military. We live in a weird sick culture. Men are taught to be feminine and discouraged from being masculine while it is perfectly acceptable for women to be masculine. I know I live in an upside down world. I know I live in a country that is rotten from the inside and is on it's way out. I have accepted it. America won't be here in 100 years. I don't know if Islam, Russia or China will rise to the top but it is very clear that America and Western Europe are both on their way out.

15. highflyer

highflyer TS Member

Now that the pop culture has succeeded in making all the simple minded fools accept homosexuality the next step will be to accept pedophilia. The barriers are already being torn down. You can brainwash simple minded people into accepting anything no matter how perverse. It is so sad to watch this once great country fall to her knees with rot.

16. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

I ask myself if I were in the military and not able to walk away from my position any time I wanted. Do I need to know the guy standing behind me in the shower is a person that has gender ID issues. I don't feel I would be particularly interested in living in the same accommodations with them either.

Unless the military has changed the men and women in the service don't shower together or use the same can. So why would anyone not gender bent want to allow themselves to know Joe sh** the Ragman in the next bunk is Gay as you are calling them I have a different name for them.

BTW with out the draft in a volunteer military you know what you are exposing yourself to going in. If the draft had to be reinstated and you had no choice what then.

Bob Lawless

17. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Don't have an opinion on this one, but I like Larry the Cable Guy's thoughts on it, that goes something like:

"I'm all for gays and women in the military, we could have the men fight most of the time, if things get bad we could send in the women once every 28 days, and when its over we could have all the gays clean up and decorate the place."

Yes, I know its insensitive, but I don't care, its still funny. John E.

18. 1100tt

1100tt Active Member

It seems to me that our armed forces have dropped their standards as to who can serve now.

19. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

1100tt,

What is your statement based on?

Guy Babin

20. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Anyone with 2 operating brain cells and even one eye to observe with can see the gays in America are pushing for a wholsale take over of our country and culture. First they just wanted to be left alone, to not be ostracised. We said OK. Then they wanted equality, to have the right to be who and what they have chosen to be, openly, out of the closet. We said OK. Now they want to destroy the fabric of what has made us successful and become dominant in our culture. They want to destroy the institution of marriage by turning it into a perversion to suit their own ends, they want to destroy the military by driving away the far larger % who aren't gay and don't want to be in a foxhole with them, they want to adopt children and ultimately have access to and control over yours. Their agenda has already infiltrated popular culture and children in the public indoctrination centers, pardon me I mean schools, where children are daily indoctrinated into acceptance of the gay agenda and lifestyle. They are professional victims whose victim status will never cease until we are THEIR victims.

The homosexual culture is like Islam in this respect. It has no off button. There is NO line they won't cross, no decency they won't destroy, no cultural imperitave they won't crush on the way to forcing their will on the rest of us and finally controlling us. Like Islam the many who aren't radical activists NEVER speak out against the radicals.
    The people of America err in believing the gays are fundamentally like them, that all they want is equality. Like Islam, it isn't equality they want, it is control, and like Islam, once they have that control you are going to live, or die, according to their whim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.