1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

donot buy a harley buy A---

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by kolared person, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kolared person

kolared person TS Member

Check out the new Suzuki M-90 cruiser. It has a 90cc liquid cooled fuel injected overhead cam engine with shaft drive and tubeless radial tires. All the latest technology for under ten grand.

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I know I have been out ofit for some years, but 90cc for 10,000 dollars?

Sorry, I'll have to pass on that one.

HM

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

My chain saw is 60cc.

4. spritc

spritc Active Member

K, you mean 900cc, don't you?

5. Joe G. NJ

Joe G. NJ TS Member

He means the 91 cubic inch/1462 cc M90 Boulevard by Suzuki, a cruiser.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Bet it don't sound like a Hog.

7. Juno

Juno TS Member

90cc probably sounds like a card in bicycle spokes. Why do people who buy metric then put down the American made Harley Davidson? Jealousy is a terrible thing.

8. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Believe me it aint no HOG and the buyer will have remorse fast, then it will be worth $5,000

9. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Jap Scrap!~!~!

10. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

OK boys if you want to start the pi$$ing war,,,,My Honda is made in the US,,,,Marysville OH, last I look was in the US,,,,I don't put down HD, I even owned one,,,,fun ride, but just not for me, and if you want to get into this one,,,,we can have some fun, since I have been on both sides!!!! Jim

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

bigdog, I was going to state a motto about comparing driving a honda to sex with an oversized lady, but thought better. I hit "Clear Entries".

To each his own. Honda make some nice scooters in the US. Hell at one time I ran an overbored Kaw.

12. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

C'mon boys, two wheels is two wheels. I've met people (HD types) that would say that if they're broke down they wouldn't take any help off of a Jap bike rider........Sure they wouldn't. I'm sure that there is a few like that out there but........GET A REAL ATTITUDE!!! (I had a Yamaha and 3 Gold Wings before I bought my first HD.

Bigdogtx- I didn't know if you heard but they're not going to build any more bikes in Marysville, OH. Can't remember the closing date nor remember whether they're just moving or going back to Japan. I know a whole lot of people who work at the motorcycle plant (and the 2 auto plants, the engine plant, Anna, OH and the transmission plant, Russells Point, OH.) The transmission plant is about 3/4 of a mile from the Indian LAke Fish & Game club.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

13. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

for what a new harley goes for I could finsh my '72 Chevy pickup and get a good start on my '66 BelAir....and go to trapshoots in either one!

14. caldridge5

caldridge5 TS Member

Last modified Thursday, February 28, 2008 12:12 AM PST

Honda to close U.S. motorcycle plant

By: JAMES HANNAH - Associated Press
    DAYTON, Ohio -- Honda Motor Co. plans to stop producing motorcycles in the United States next year, ending production at its first U.S. plant and transferring it to Japan, the automaker announced Wednesday.

The plant, in Marysville, Ohio, employs 450 workers. Honda said there will be no layoffs when production ends in spring 2009. The workers will remain with the company, helping produce cars, trucks, engines and parts and filling other jobs at Honda's operations in west-central Ohio, the company said.

"There were a lot of people who felt disappointment," said plant manager Jan Gansheimer, noting that many of the employees are motorcycle enthusiasts who have spent much of their careers at the plant. Knowing it was a business decision and that they would not lose their jobs made it easier to accept, she said.

Gansheimer said ending production at the plant, which opened in 1979, was a difficult decision because it was Honda's first in the U.S.

Last year, the plant produced about 44,000 Gold Wing touring and VTX cruiser bikes.

Gansheimer said production of 120 motorcycles a day will continue for now. A decision on whether to phase out production and transfer workers gradually or do it all at once has not been made.

Honda said motorcycle production at the Marysville plant and at the Hamamatsu factory in Japan will be consolidated at an expanded motorcycle plant in Kumamoto, Japan, in 2009. It is part of a global plan to produce certain larger motorcycles, Honda said.

"This move allows us to improve the competitiveness and appeal of our products by applying the latest technologies and production systems at one efficient location," said Akio Hamada, president and chief executive of Honda of America.

The Japanese plant will be capable of producing up to 600,000 motorcycles a year. Capacity at the Marysville plant is 75,000.

No decision has been made about what to do with the Marysville plant, which has 3.6 million square feet.

Honda currently employs about 13,000 workers at five plants in Ohio -- two in Marysville and one each in East Liberty, Anna and Russells Point. Besides motorcycles, the employees make the Accord, Civic, Element, CR-V, Acura TL and RDX sport utility vehicle.

15. edthearcher

edthearcher Member

to the guy who said jap s ;;; or what ever. take a gold wing yes jap--- made by honda. 200,000 miles on the engine before they have to be touched. a lot of my friends who purchased harleys 600 miles the engine quit. you ever drive buy a chevrolet dealership or a ford . small show room large garage ???? go by a honda dealer, kia dealer, toyota large show room small garage, made in america where????

16. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The Hondas etc are good bikes. It is simply what you like. I have owned at least 15 Honda, Yamah, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and more and they were all good bikes. I swore for over 35 years that I would never own a Harley. Six years ago I bought one and I would never go back to a Goldwing or any other ( Jap) bike. I never had as much fun on a bike as I am having with the Harley. I still own a mint 1984 Honda V65 and never ride it. I have logged over 60,000 miles on a Harley and have done 1,000 miles days day after day and never really tired. I respect others opinions but mine is Harley all the way. I just rode it yesterday ( 27 degrees out)

17. hoov

hoov Member

I'm not a cycle man but I hear the new Indians are going well.A new dealer just opened in Cranberry Twp. Pa.

18. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

You want to spend money try Victory OUCH !!!

Rock

Jim

19. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

Yes, They have plants in other countries. Those plants were built to keep up with the production demand. The Brazil plant was feeding europe buyers. Harley only had 1 plant 10 years ago (York, PA.) they moved the Sportster assembly line to Kansas where the Buell's are made and opened up another big bike line at the York plant. A dozen years ago you could buy a Harley and sell it for more then what you paid for it the next day (Roadking).

20. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

cuban,,,,good for you,,,,not many will ride, most times myself included, when it is like that,,,,I enjoyed the SEEG, until the heel/toe shifter fell off going down the road,,,,I am just not interested in wrenching,,,,gas, oil and tires and on the road again,,,,maybe see you there,,,,

Ok juno,,,,"bigtxdog- Anyone can say they ONCE owned a Harley. That statement means NOTHING without pictures. And not just a generic picture of someone elses SEEG. Proof that it's yours. I don't think you have ever owned a motorcycle, let alone a Harley"

[​IMG]

There it is, a 2005 SEEG in Sunrise yellow with a custom made seat making it comfortable,,,,if you ever want to ride sometime instead of running your mouth without ANY idea what you are spouting,,,,just keep up,,,if YOU can!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.