1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Done with ATA politics on this Site.Pipelayer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Its too bad it has come to this but your not the first one run off by some asshole at the keyboard. I hope you continue to post on other trapshooting related matters.

Bill

2. white rattler

white rattler Member

Pipe Layer, Terry we can't forget that there is no connection between this web site and the ATA. Anyone can get on this site and bitch. I would like to see how many of these arm chair coaches even shoot registered trap. I have been shooting registered trap for 33 years and have over 475,000 targets in the book. Do not let the experts get under your skin. I have been in the pipeline business all of my life and I see by your name (Pipelayer) that you might have spend some time on a ROW. So as we say in the field there are some loose ends out there. Trevor Dawe. ATA Life Member 8101083

3. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

this is a good idea I just posted my only post about the ATA on the Dysinger post and it will be my last. I also love this sport and do not want to get into politics and the ATA and put a damper on my enjoyment.

Buddy

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

ATA Delagates doing good or not so much........
    Most Recent Posts First
    Jump to First Post

Jump to Last Post

Display Deleted Messages

Posted By Posted Date/Time
    hayman 08-Feb-13 - 08:23 PM ET

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

What Bill Said...LOL

Rick in MT

6. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

A public forum may not be the best place for this type of discussion, especially when using alious names instead on our given name. Not much to be gained, more to be lost. I am an ATA shooter. YMMV Scott

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I wonder why you need to make this "Pronouncemnt"?

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

AMEN

This is a no win subject. If you complain about the way the ATA is run, some All American will shout from the rooftops about what a fool you are.

If you say that the ATA is run the right way, some one will shout from the rooftops about what a fool you are.

I will continue to volunteer time, service machines, help new shooters, train new coaches and SCTP shooters, and keep my positive attitude.

Maybe this spring I will be able to shoot shoulder arms again.

9. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

You know its sad that the well meaning respondents here with sound advice or helpful info seem to have a shorter existence span than the average new ATA shooter. Would anyone want to speculate similarities?

Terry, your a good guy. While I've even been called out to battle on this site (never occured) , Iam just knot headed enough to play the game. Don't feel ashamed, everyone has there limits.

10. Matt Colman

Matt Colman Member

I got on the Nevada State Board almost 4 years ago and have been president for the past two years. At first I thought like most think that you should help give back to the sport and for that I am glad I served. But at the same time it has taken the fun out of shooting, we can't even fill seats on the board. It was a lot more fun when all I did was sign up shoot targets and visit with friends.

Sorry pipelayer, this looked like a good place to complain!

Matt

11. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

AMEN

This is a no win subject. If you complain about the way the ATA is run, some All American will shout from the rooftops about what a fool you are.

If you say that the ATA is run the right way, some one will shout from the rooftops about what a fool you are.

I will continue to volunteer time, service machines, help new shooters, train new coaches and SCTP shooters, and keep my positive attitude.

Maybe this spring I will be able to shoot shoulder arms again.

12. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

You know its sad that the well meaning respondents here with sound advice or helpful info seem to have a shorter existence span than the average new ATA shooter. Would anyone want to speculate similarities?

Terry, your a good guy. While I've even been called out to battle on this site (never occured) , Iam just knot headed enough to play the game. Don't feel ashamed, everyone has there limits.

13. Matt Colman

Matt Colman Member

I got on the Nevada State Board almost 4 years ago and have been president for the past two years. At first I thought like most think that you should help give back to the sport and for that I am glad I served. But at the same time it has taken the fun out of shooting, we can't even fill seats on the board. It was a lot more fun when all I did was sign up shoot targets and visit with friends.

Sorry pipelayer, this looked like a good place to complain!

Matt

14. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

I have to agree that it's best to keep your yapper shut---A pretty sharp guy gave me that advise a while back and find it hard to take the advise---Seems like that if you can't shoot from the 27 yd line or have multi 1000s ATA tgts you don't belong on this site----I look at the title---trapshooters.com
    Not ATA shooters.com---I am a ATA member but there are many shooters that help support this sport and without them the doors will close---At my 2 clubs I'd say that ATA and non ATA members are 50/50---It's sad that when a guy tries to give his opinion for right or wrong he's challenged by others mean spirited ego---I don't know Pipe Layer but I can tell he's hurt---This site needs all kinds and I know some that have been driven off---I stay tuned and contribute for the fun and pastime----Just my opinion-----Thanks----George@SJB

15. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

southblue, don't let the perception of deception elude you. Most of the loud mouth "know it alls" on here have never attained 27 yds. nor reg. 1000's of targets!

Speak your mind. You may have the wisdom needed.

16. Rick (Pa)

Rick (Pa) TS Member

Mr. Dean, You said what needed to be said. This used to be a great trapshooting site. It has deteriorated to the point where it is not fun anymore. Mabye if David required everyone to use there real name it probably will get better.

Rick Yocco ATA life member 7907942

17. Brady509

Brady509 Well-Known Member

I haven't been on this site for more the a couple of years. I, in this short time, have seen a big change. It seems that there are a chosen few that are loaded for bear each and every day just waiting to unleash both barrels on someone with an opinion other then theirs. I don't know if it was the recent election or the fact that a lot of shooters just can shoot anymore due to financial reasons I don't know. I have had the chance to meet and converse with many great individuals through this site. I'm in my early thirties and am fortunate to be able to.afford this great sport. To all the voluntarily work given by many I thank you. Terry, my fellow clay smacking brother stay positive and enjoy your opportunities. Ya never know when it may not be possible anymore.

Thanks for the great site all of you,

Brady Gies

18. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I've seen little change

19. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<blockquote><I>"Most of the loud mouth "know it alls" on here have never attained 27 yds. nor reg. 1000's of targets!"</I></blockquote>That's the typical elitist ass-gas... "Shooters at less than 27 yards with only a few registered targets are sub-humans and unworthy especially if their opinions are different from mine!"

That attitude is a main reason I quit the ATA!

Keller

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There was a question asked on another thread and I gave my opinion, nothing more, nothing less, didn't mean to offend anyone in particular ... The fact that the members are kept in the dark on many important issues is part of the problem, this is the new ATA and the BOD and EC feel they answer to no one and until they start the problems will continue to be part of the demise of the Association ... I was not aware that someone had to shoot 400,000 plus target for their opinion to matter, thats also part of the problem ... WPT ... (YAC) ... (Life Member 17-62225) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.